Inexpensive pistol light?

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Adam5, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

Any recommendations for a pistol light that won’t break the bank? My CZ SP01 came with a CZ branded light, but I’m not a fan of it. The retainer sticks 1/4” out from the sides, and I’m not a fan of the activation method. Press the slide right to left turns it on, left to right turns it off, right to left again is strobe. It’s primarily a night stand / range gun, and if I lay it in the wrong side the light comes on.

IMG_0721.jpg

IMG_0722.jpg

IMG_0723.jpg

2. Fallschirmjäger

Fallschirmjäger I watch the watchers

I already had a few well designed, powerful flashlights so I didn't want to get anything that was "dedicated". I went instead with a Safariland RLS (Ready Light System). It will attach to any mil-spec rail, or anything that's close to the same dimensions and when the light is not needed or needs to be used separately, it detaches easily.
    It doesn't have the same panache as some of the high dollar units but with a strobing 1,000 lumen light I'm not exactly under-equipped. Safariland says it should fit any reasonable flashlight .970-1.060 in diameter.

Oh, and you can find it with And without the Safariland branded light.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019

3. tmoore912

tmoore912 Just a Man

4. RedDawnTheMusical

RedDawnTheMusical Well-Known Member

I've used Streamlight as well (TLR-2). I've also use Olight PL-2 Valkyrie. The TLR-2 (with the laser sighting) is a little pricey when you just want a light, but the TLR-1 and PL-2 are $99. There is also a PL-1 and PL-mini from Olight that are cheaper, but I haven't tried those.