Indoor Ranges

Discussion in 'Ranges, Dealers & Smiths' started by Tazfanatic33, Feb 11, 2006.

1. Tazfanatic33

Tazfanatic33 New Member

Does anyone know of an indoor range close to the Rock Spring/Fort Oglethorpe area? Right now, I shoot at Carter's in Chattanooga. It's about an hour and fifteen minute drive from the house and I would like to get back into shooting on a regular basis, especially now that I have a wife that is interested in becoming a concealed weapon carrier. I'm very proud. :D

2. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

Looks like a couple of outdoor ranges are closer. However the closest indoor range you are already going to.

3. Tazfanatic33

Tazfanatic33 New Member

That's what I was afraid of. :( Oh well, I work in Chattanooga on the weekends so I guess I'll just go when I can. Which outdoor ranges are closer? Thanks!

4. asbrand

asbrand Active Member

There's the outdoor range in the Nat'l Forest in Resaca. Is that close to ya?

5. Tazfanatic33

Tazfanatic33 New Member

Yep, it's about 25 minutes from the house, at least, Resaca is. :D Thanks! When the weather is decent, we'll have to try that one out. Do they have a web site where I can get the hours and prices? Thanks again.

6. Mojoski

Mojoski New Member

It's in John's Mountain WMA, I believe. I've been there about 10 times. It is quite nice. It costs $5 per car to park. No additional charges. PM me if you're interested and I'll hunt down some directions for you. I believe it is usually closed on Sundays.

I wish we had more ranges like this one around here.

Mojoski

Updated: Found this number to call for more info:

John's Mountain (Floyd) - (706) 295-6041

And here is a link for more info:

http://www.georgiaoutdoors.com/hunting/ ... C0F01636AA

7. pachary

pachary New Member

There is a new range in Adairsville. Pistol is open(outdoor but under roof with mechanical target retrieval). 100yd rifle and shotgun clay range to follow soon. Also bullseye and 3d archery. Adairsville Sporting Range on Holloway Rd.

Paul

8. MLS 4506

MLS 4506 Active Member

do they have a phone#,hours of opperation,ect. ???

9. pachary

pachary New Member

Adairsville Sporting Range 123 Holloway Rd. 770-608-4848 Steve Holloway

Open 12-8 Mon-Sat, closed Sun & Wed.
    Went with a friend from work today. Really nice setup. $5/half hr. + $2/additional half hr.

Tell Steve Paul sent you.

Paul