Indoor range/dealer in Hinesville

Discussion in 'Ranges, Dealers & Smiths' started by gsusnake, Apr 22, 2007.

1. gsusnake

gsusnake Token Liberal Hippie

Mission Essential off GA Hwy 196 in Hinesville, GA. Just a stone's throw from Ft. Stewart.

I really like this place, ammo is cheap, they have 8 indoor lanes with good ventilation on a 25m range, mechanical target retrieval and all that good stuff.

The guys who run it are knowledgeable, polite, and downright friendly... if it's not busy they'll come shoot with you. Mostly ex-military guys.

Here's the real kicker... $10 a DAY to shoot, no hourly rates, $10 gets you all the time you need to punch holes in paper provided you have ammo.

They have handgun rentals, ear and eye protection rentals, cheap targets, and a good selection of accessories.

Also a Class III dealer.

2. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Nice. I may have to check that out. It isn't too far from me.

3. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Hey PT I think we are gonna have to make a trip down there in the next few weeks.

I see on the map that the road takes you right through the middle of Ft. Stewart... Is this a normal road or is it controlled by the Fort?

4. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

yea, we'll have to. Not sure when though. Maybe sometime between finals, not sure.

5. gsusnake

119 through the post is controlled by the Army.

I always unload the firearm, put a trigger lock on it, and lock it in the trunk before I try to go on post... then I pray I don't get pulled over.

I've only been stopped at the access gate once, and they didn't ask to search me, but it's perfectly legal for them to search you, your car, or anything on your person without cause, and it's illegal to carry a firearm in your car (supposedly) because it's federal land.

The place is kinda hard to find... It's on 196 right after you get into Hinesville.

I'll have to find better directions and post them.

6. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Ah...eff that then.

I'm not disarming to drive through their stupid base. And the drive around it is too long. I'll just have to wait for that other range to open.

7. S&W 40

S&W 40 Active Member

GSUSnake, Ramm,

I work on Stewart and they are very... touchy about firearms in your vehicle, not loaded and go only directly to the place you intend to go ( home to range no stopping for gas). If I do have mine with me I do the same as gsu, unload, lock and place in an area that is hard to access. This is only if you come onto main post, inside the gates.

If you have a military ID (active, guard/reserve, retired, coast guard ect) they do have a descent out door range on 144 near range control. I believe it is a 100m, covered stands, $5 include one silloet with 4 targets.

Also 144 east of Richmond Hill (near Kill Kenny Marina) there is a (DNR?) outdoor range with covered stands, best part free. It is open 8am till dark, closed Tuesdays. You have to provide your own targets. Weekdays are normally not crowded but weekends are a pain.

8. gsusnake

That WMA range in Richmond Hill is a nice place.

And, just in case anyone was wondering about going there, avoid Palmetto Indoor Range in Hardeeville, SC (just over the bridge from Savannah) AT ALL COSTS. All they want is to sell you something.

9. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

10. S&W 40

S&W 40 Active Member

PT,

What time are you looking at, I was thinking about taking the day off to go fishing with the father in-law. If we do not sounds like a good reason to shoot.

The range is not great but very good for free. Normally easy to get on during the week, weekends it is packed.

11. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Not sure. I kinda want to stay here now because I'm expecting a couple packages today and I've got a final tomorrow that I should study for. I did find a couple ranges in Orlando for when I'm there for 10 weeks or so, though.

12. glockgirl

glockgirl New Member

jesus just go shoot the gun already! it is a crime not to let your gun out to play!

13. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

I know it isn't. But, that's the entire day and I've got things I have to do here.

14. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Like shoot!

15. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Yea yea yea. :lol: I'm considering going Sunday.