Super Moderator
69,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Super Moderator
69,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
GS1, I am not so sure.

Gary's case began with a sting conducted by Gary police of northern Indiana gun dealers that, between them, supplied more than 60 percent of the crime guns recovered in the city. The dealers' sales to undercover officers posing as "straw purchasers" was captured on videotape before the suit was filed in 1999, and confirmed the dealers' gross misconduct in supplying the underground market.
I do not think the law would shield this conduct.

The court today did not address whether the law is unconstitutional because it ruled that the law does not apply to the City's case.
Was a lawsuit easier than the "reasonable doubt" standard in a criminal trial?

·
Registered
895 Posts
Malum Prohibitum said:
GS1, I am not so sure.

Gary's case began with a sting conducted by Gary police of northern Indiana gun dealers that, between them, supplied more than 60 percent of the crime guns recovered in the city. The dealers' sales to undercover officers posing as "straw purchasers" was captured on videotape before the suit was filed in 1999, and confirmed the dealers' gross misconduct in supplying the underground market.
I do not think the law would shield this conduct.

[quote:2xdc5k68]The court today did not address whether the law is unconstitutional because it ruled that the law does not apply to the City's case.
Was a lawsuit easier than the "reasonable doubt" standard in a criminal trial?[/quote:2xdc5k68]

But what does the conduct of Indiana gun dealers have to do with the manufacturers?

I am ready for some judicial impeachments. The judges in this country have decided they are our overlords.

·
Premium Member
8,460 Posts
The law says that clearly breaking a gun law means you have no protection. So I have no problem with the dealers getting in trouble.

How exactly this allows the suit against manufacturers that sell to distributers that then sell to these unlawful dealers is what I am referring to.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts