Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

This was first reported in 2014, but somehow I missed it now I have found these articles talking about a medium sized but unusually light weight .32 caliber double action revolver that has been newly designed and marketed in India to women to carry for self-defense against rape.
Yes it's expensive, and yes, getting a handgun carry permit in India is quite an ordeal --but it can be done.

Newer articles say that in 2019 the gun was upgraded to improve the accuracy, and the new effective range is out to 50 meters, not 15 meters as before.

(I say the gun should be optimized for speed and quick sight acquisition, with 6" groups at 10 yards being all the "accuracy" needed.)

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
At $1,990 a pop it is a little pricey indeed.

And it seems they have their share of idiots as well.

"Anti-gun activists, however, are appalled at the idea".
"I am horrified, shocked and angered," says Binalakshmi Nepram, founder of the Women Gun Survivors Network in the north-eastern state of Manipur, who says it's the government's responsibility to ensure the security of its citizens".

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Who says it's nearly impossible?

Reactions: janedoedad

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I googled "Gun laws in India" and they are very "may-issue" with not only a "good reason" requirement, but states can impose additional requirements as arbitrary as planting 10 trees and taking pictures with them.

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, articles say 2500 of these new .32 revolvers have been sold so far, and Wikipedia says there are 3.4 million holders of firearms licenses in India (who own over 9 million legally registered guns), so there are SOME women who are getting permits to have a gun like this-- a gun built specifically for womens' self defense.

·
Registered
14,168 Posts
And it seems they have their share of idiots as well.

"Anti-gun activists, however, are appalled at the idea".
"I am horrified, shocked and angered," says Binalakshmi Nepram, founder of the Women Gun Survivors Network in the north-eastern state of Manipur, who says it's the government's responsibility to ensure the security of its citizens".
Sounds familiar, doesn't it?

Reactions: mountainman444
1 - 7 of 7 Posts