Incompetent Dispatcher Sends Disabled Man Back to Attackers!

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Malum Prohibitum, Sep 29, 2007.

1. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Unbelievable!

Beaten Man Says 911 Dispatcher Had Him Return To Scene

A disabled east Orange County man says a 911 operator told him to return to the scene where he was allegedly beaten by a group of thugs. When he got there, he said, he was almost beaten again by the same group until he used his gun to defend himself.

John Holloway says a group of thugs tried to rob him after he picked up some groceries at a State Road 50 Circle K. He said he was punched and the men broke the windows out of his truck before he escaped.

Holloway was then shocked to be told he needed to come back to the scene to get the address of the only Circle K in Christmas.

"Hit me three times in the head with his fist," Holloway said.

In the serene sounding town of Christmas, with one prosthetic leg and another leg paralyzed, Holloway was no match for five men surrounding to rob him.

"All the sudden they're kicking and beating on my car and hollering at me, 'We're gonna get you! 'We're coming to your house. We're gonna get you and after we kill you, we're gonna take everything you have,'" he said.

Holloway said he quickly drove away, but not before the thugs beat him and his Tahoe, even smashing his windows out. He called 911, but was shocked when the operator insisted he go back to the only Circle K in Christmas to get an address.

"I said, 'Please don't make me go back there, because they're still there,'" he said.

Holloway's account is confirmed in the incident report, which also describes what happened when he finally went back.

"I was scared for my life at that point. I was afraid to go back there. I was afraid they were gonna beat me down, if not kill me," he said.

Holloway said, when he went back, he had his pistol in his hand and, when they attacked again, he fired one shot and scared the men away.

The sheriff's office listed both Holloway and his attackers as victims and suspects. Apparently Holloway's mistake was firing his weapon to scare the men away. He said he did what he felt he had to do for his protection.

There was no word if the 911 operator will be reprimanded for sending Holloway back to the scene.

2. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Wow... At least he was able to defend himself.

3. Malum Prohibitum

This is like some story somebody would make up to portray the government in a bad light.

If they put that in a movie, you would find it too fantastic to be credited even in a work of fiction.

Then they list his attackers as victims?

:roll:

4. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

Ugh. Sounds like a certain CA dispatcher needs a good beatdown.

5. Macktee

Macktee New Member

Just be glad we don't live in east Orange County...

[-o<

That's in the People's Republic of Kalifornia isn't it???

:screwy:

6. Firearmz

Firearmz New Member

If you could hear some of the stuff that 911 operators tell people. My wife called 911 one day traveling west on I-20, the operator asked is this an emergency, the wife replied "yes" and she was promptly put on hold.

A little off topic here and maybe the guy in the story will read it one day and get a laugh.

A old guy about 65 and his wife were getting ready for bed one night, when the wife looked out the bed room window to see that the old mans shop light was left on.

HOWARD she yelled, you left your shop light on, go turn it off you old goat, our SS will not allow us to waist money. Well the old guy put his shoes and all back on and started out to the shop, when he noticed three young men loading their truck with his equipment.

He ran back into the house and dialed 911.

911- is this an emergency
    OG-YES!!

911-What is the emergency?
    OG- Men have broken into my shop and stealing all of my stuff.

911- Are you in immediate danger at this point?
    OG- No, I am in the house onthe phone with you.

911- Sir lock your doors and a officer will be out later to tale a report., We are currently really back logged and have no one available.

Well the old man slammed down the phone and waited about 2 minutes. he then dialed 911 again.

911- is this an emergency?
    OG- No not really, I called earlier about some guys stealing all of my stuff out of my shop. You can cancel that call, I shot and killed them all and he hung up.

Well about one minute passed and you could hear all the sirens and whales of emergency vehicles coming from both directions. The Sheriffs Deputies arrived in force and apprehended the three guys, they came to the house and knocked. The old man answered the door and the deputy scolded at him, "YOU STATED YOU SHOT AND KILLED THEM ALL"!!!!!!! The old man replied, "yea and you said you had no one available too".

7. Malum Prohibitum

:lol:

8. Guest

Guest Guest

+1, OG FTW

9. luke0927

luke0927 New Member

OK hears a question what can you lawfully here in GA say this happend to you....casue if someone is threating me and beating my vehicle well......could you get out with your gun drawn and hold them till police arraived or what?

10. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

I wouldn't draw until ready to shoot.

11. Firearmz

Firearmz New Member

You can do anything you want to do as long as you have the balls to do it and can get away with it.

It has to meet OCGA 16-3-21, ability, opportunity and jeopardy.

The first two is well kind of obvious but are YOU in jeopardy? You have to make that decision.

12. luke0927

luke0927 New Member

I would probably say they better be trying to get in your vehicle or pull you out etc...before you could use deadly force and hopefully not have to worry about prosecution.

13. ls1ssdavid

ls1ssdavid New Member

Only in California... You can be a victim and then an attacker for protecting yourself because the government messed up. It's like they want criminals to win.

14. jeepsterwannabe

jeepsterwannabe New Member

my uncle told me this weekend that his next door neighbor came home and saw a truck backed up to his door, he used his 22LR pistol to detain these two 16 year old boys while the police were en route. when the officer arrived both the neighbor and the boys were arressted, the neighbor was arrested for "imprisoning a minor against his will"

15. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Wow... I guess the neighbor wouldn't have been fine shooting since, from that little bit of a story, it doesn't appear he was threatened for his life. Plus, it wasn't his property.

16. Sharky

Sharky Active Member

I wonder what the outcome would have been here in GA?????