Incident Today

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by pwrlifter12, Oct 22, 2010.

1. pwrlifter12

pwrlifter12 New Member

So, I go to Walgreen's today to get my flu shot. I come out after receiving the shot and see a car pulling into the parking lot. Now, in order to get to my car, I have to cross the pavement in front of these guys. I see them and stop on the sidewalk to let them go ahead. They wave me on to cross in front of them. Now, as I'm crossing right in front of their fender, probably 5 feet away, the driver screeches his tires and lurches forward about a foot. He stops behind me to see my reaction as I turn around and ask him what he is doing. He says, "Nothing, you got a problem motherf*****?" I continue walking to my car and they continue to shout insults at me from their open windows. I hear one of the occupants say, "You wanna get your ass beat?" Now, keep in mind there are four occupants in the car and only one of me. After they had said this, I lifted my shirt while standing sideways so I could get a grip on my weapon if it came to that, but I did not touch my Glock; tried to be inconspicuous about it. Evidently, one of the backseat passengers saw this and jumped out of the car yelling at me, "You better watch who you expose a gun to motherf'er! I'm calling the cops!"
    At this point, I said, "Sure, go ahead." He messed with his phone for about 5 seconds before shoving it back into his pocket (yea, he reached into his pocket to get it). He jumped into his buddy's car and they sped off, screeching tires and all. A woman in the parking lot saw all of this go down while she was in her car and stood at a stop after they left. I waited for the police for about 5 minutes, but I guess the troublemakers didn't actually call. I left soon after. I was very calm during the whole process and didn't raise my voice once.

Unfortunately, I was not able to get the car's plate as I had a bit of tunnel vision during the process.

Kids these days...

2. rmodel65

rmodel65 Yukon Cornelius

if you had been OCing you would have had to do anything :shattered:

3. pwrlifter12

pwrlifter12 New Member

Hah, yea I thought exactly that afterward. It just shocked me that the kid actually jumped out of the car and was still confrontational. The whole situation was like a bad 80s movie

4. CoolHand

CoolHand Active Member

Police regularly justifiably shoot people who attempt to run them over with motor vehicles. Just sayin......

I think you handled the situation very well.

5. mike316atl

mike316atl New Member

Very well handled! :righton: Good job on not letting the situation escalate..

6. mountainman444

mountainman444 Active Member

Strange, strange stuff going on. Sounds like you handled it well.

7. vanguard

vanguard New Member

man you should have turned to him and said DO YOU FEEL LUCKY PUNK. :righton:

8. AV8R

AV8R Banned

Hey, it wasn't their time. They will continue to act like this until someone else (good or bad guy) dumps one or two them. Preferably the mouthy one and the driver.

9. martin_j001

martin_j001 Active Member

Well done. Nothing wrong with making the gun easier to get to....especially in a state you aren't required to conceal in. :righton:

10. vanguard

vanguard New Member

very true.

11. NTA

NTA Well-Known Member

There must be something in the water around here.

I see or experience similar incivility almost daily.

12. pwrlifter12

pwrlifter12 New Member

I'll agree with you on that; it seems to be the younger kids that are now coming into their mid to late teens thinking there are no consequences. And, to be honest, I don't know what provoked these guys to antagonize a decently-sized guy. I have been getting this a lot lately; I guess people want to see how far they can go before others lose it.

13. Wolfram

Wolfram New Member

What part of Ga are you in?

14. samman23

samman23 New Member

how do these thugs handle their business on the street? They call the cops!!!

15. Savvy Jack

Savvy Jack Banned

:righton:

16. TippinTaco

TippinTaco New Member

valid question, would this be an acceptable reason to draw your handgun in self defense? First off they began being aggresive with the vehicle, but when the kid comes jumping out of the car and starts going for his pocket, In my opinion at that very second i would have caused him to crap in his pants, he gets out expecting to be a big bad boy and gets greeted with a 9mm ruger in his face while his buddies watch him piss on himself. This could be one of those instances of where can I draw that line in the dirt? I know this is one of the hardest choices any of us have to make at any given time, but that very moment when that Wanna-be thug reached in his pocket he could have came out with anything, I know for a fact a police officer would've pulled on him if he was acting this aggresive. I have this odd feeling that one day this will go down just like above and I'll be used for a test case, just saying :D :shattered:

17. GFLinTX

GFLinTX New Member

What a bunch of cowards. First, threatening you with a car. Then threatening a 4-on-1 beatdown. And lastly, seeing the gun and threatening to call the cops like they're not the thugs who are starting incidents with innocent passerby. There's a circle of Hell dedicated to twerps like this.

Oh, and Wolfram, nice avatar. Too bad we stink this year.

18. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

What area of town is that Walgreens in?

19. patrick4588

patrick4588 New Member

it really is a problem with ppl in the younger generations (mine included). I think a lot of it has to do with everyone talks s*** and nobody faces repercussions. therefore they grow up with the mindset they can say whatever they want without anything happening. occassionally someone does something but then they get the short end of it. I can think of a situation like this and the guy was running his mouth talking this and that and got knocked out. then called the police and sued the other guy. IMO, if you run your mouth, expect to get punched and dont cry to the police about it. You get what you deserve, man up. If you start a fight and get your ass kicked, dont call the police... plus nobody has respect for anything anymore. I swear nobody my age cares about anything but themselves.

20. AV8R

AV8R Banned

Oh noes!! Here comes the "violence never solves anything crowd."