1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Swollen Member
11,969 Posts

·
GeePeeDoHolic
6,414 Posts
Over at View From The Porch :)
...so I have no idea if there was a moment of silence on the [SHOT] show floor for the end of the Greatest Gun Salesman of All Time's administration.

·
Swollen Member
11,969 Posts
Watch (live) as the tolerant, open minded, peaceful, anti Trump protestors smash shop windows and destroy parked vehicles with crowbars.

·
I watch the watchers
12,885 Posts
Michelle looks just so..... err... mmm... regal in her Jean Claude Penné haute couture outfit. Yeah... that's the ticket.

·
GeePeeDoHolic
6,414 Posts
Media gets going on making the new president as divisive as they can.

Check out this article from USA TODAY:

Analysis: Trump’s short, dark and defiant inaugural address

http://usat.ly/2jHKfiN

The primary message in his speech, however, clearly was designed to appeal to the Americans who voted for him and included little to reach out to those who didn't.

·
I watch the watchers
12,885 Posts
That is so unlike President Obama's speech back in 2010 when he had this to say about the GOP joining Democratic efforts for reform: "We don't mind the Republicans joining us. They can come for the ride, but they gotta sit in back."

"I won." - Barack Obama to Republicans in Congress who were trying to discuss the stimulus plan with him

At least he didn't make this one political...."The point I was making was not that Grandmother harbors any racial animosity. She doesn't. But she is a typical white person..."

·
Registered
385 Posts
Quote:
The primary message in his speech, however, clearly was designed to appeal to the Americans who voted for him and included little to reach out to those who didn't.

Why would he reach out to a bunch of losers? They're the ones that need to get with the program.

·
Registered
10,809 Posts
I liked the speech. I noticed that MSNBC immediately labeled is Hitlerian, but CNN viewed it more objectively.

·
Swollen Member
11,969 Posts
https://www.rt.com/news/374613-sydney-trump-sky-protest/

Skywriters emblazoned "Trump" high in the sky over a sunny Sydney as approximately 10,000 people took part in a march in support of women's rights.

The Sydney march was part of a worldwide series of demonstrations calling for the protection of civil liberties in the wake of Donald Trump's inauguration as president of the United States. Well over one million people around the world attended marches, with the largest taking place in Washington, DC.

·
NRA Instructor
3,391 Posts
Quote:

Why would he reach out to a bunch of losers? They're the ones that need to get with the program.
That's funny I can find lots of stuff where he was reaching out. Maybe you heard a different speech?
We, the citizens of America, are now joined in a great national effort to rebuild our country and restore its promise for all of our people.
Because today, we are not merely transferring power from one administration to another or from one party to another. But we are transferring power from Washington, D.C., and giving it back to you, the people.
It belongs to everyone gathered here today and everyone watching all across America. This is your day. This is your celebration. And this, the United States of America, is your country.
The forgotten men and women of our country will be forgotten no longer.
At the center of this movement is a crucial conviction -- that a nation exists to serve its citizens. Americans want great schools for their children, safe neighborhoods for their families and good jobs for themselves.
The oath of office I take today is an oath of allegiance to all Americans.
At the bedrock of our politics will be a total allegiance to the United States of America and through our loyalty to our country, we will rediscover our loyalty to each other. When you open your heart to patriotism, there is no room for prejudice.
It’s time to remember that old wisdom our soldiers will never forget -- that whether we are black or brown or white, we all bleed the same red blood of patriots.
So while the media keeps trying to convince us that Trump is the bad apple and only appeals to "white working class" his appeal was to the working class. AKA: "Middle Class". He made no reference to color. Only the media did. The media and entertainers seem to have a divisive message agenda to tear down Trump before he even gets started.

·
Swollen Member
11,969 Posts
Thanks for posting that. She's a bit off key, but the lyrics are great!
Just when we thought nothing could top the 11PM DNC victory party on November 8th....

:lol:

·
Registered
385 Posts
Go trump

Quote:

That's funny I can find lots of stuff where he was reaching out. Maybe you heard a different speech?

I think you may have misunderstood my post. I apologize for not posting more clearly and leaving out a set of quotation marks.. The quote I began with was from Rugerer's previous post and came from a USA Today article. It wasn't nor isn't my opinion. When I said " Why would he reach out to a bunch of losers? They're the ones that need to get with the program." I was referring to the liberal left and the media. They lost the election, hence the term losers. That part is solely my opinion. I didn't get to watch the speech, I was at work and didn't have access. I am as pro trump as they come and don't care whether he reaches out or not. I'm for him. I do agree with you that the mainstream media seems bent on continuing Obama's policies of causing as much racial division as possible. I can't find any materiel that would support Trump being racist. I think it's entirely a construct of the opposition.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.