In praise of the CZ-75B

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by guitarded_1, Nov 26, 2010.

1. guitarded_1

guitarded_1 New Member

So I recently bought a used but darn near pristine CZ-75B 9mm from a fellow forum member. After running it through its paces yesterday, I have to say that I'm really, really impressed. It's been a while since I have owned a full size, all metal pistol, but I can't remember ever having owned a gun that felt so good in the hand. It just feels right - solid as a rock.

Though the CZ trigger typically gets mixed reviews, this one is good. It has the typical travel of a SA/DA trigger, but the break is clean. I don't plan on shooting competitively, so I can't really see any need to have any trigger work done. It feels plenty good as is.

It's such a smooth shooting and accurate pistol. All 3 of the guys I shot with were really smitten over it. I'm looking forward to sharpening my shooting skills with this gun. As some commonly say, it's a way better shooter than I am. I ran 115 grain WWB, as well as 147 grain HST, and the pistol ate all of it without a single hiccup.

In any event, especially for the money, I can't recommend this gun enough. If you're into 9mm (or .40 S&W), I strongly suggest giving this pistol a go. Best $400 I have ever spent. :righton:

2. jmathis84

jmathis84 New Member

Where did ya get one for 400? everywhere i looked they are at least 550

3. STONEWALL0628

STONEWALL0628 New Member

4. jmathis84

jmathis84 New Member

My bad brain fart :D

5. atlsrt44

atlsrt44 Well-Known Member

cz's are like crack except they dont make your teeth fall out

6. score69

score69 New Member

I would also have to say my CZ-75B's are my favorite 9mm handguns. I'm already in line to have Ryan make me some leather for mine and it will alternate with my XD9 as my EDC once I have a good holster for it.

I picked up a SS finish 75B recently and took the wife to the range with me to shoot it. Mistake, had to buy another one. Lol, all in all, not a bad problem to have.

CZ makes a great handgun. My next purchase will be a CZ-97 as far as I'm concerned. My two 75-B's shoot VERY nice. Couldn't ask for a better gun for the money.

BTW, I got polished SS models for $557 no, tax and free shipping from Buds. The wife probably wouldn't have like it if it's wasn't so shiny, I prefer to have something low maintenance for my EDC gun.

7. guitarded_1

guitarded_1 New Member

I probably won't carry the CZ, but it's the first full size gun that has me really tempted to do so...it shoots that good.

8. pml

pml Active Member

I have a CZ 75, I can't say enough about it. Close to 7,000 rounds I figure-- only twice did it not fire. Once was a WWB dud, and the other was a JHP that got stuck in grease in a new mag that I failed to clean.

9. cbx9mm

cbx9mm New Member

I own two 75Bs both never fail to shoot straight every time, one has about 6,000 rounds through it the other about 2,000. I carry it everyday on my hip or in a shoulder rig depending on weather and were I am going. I know I could bet my life on this gun, but I hope I never have too. Very reliable with very low maintenance.

10. kkennett

kkennett New Member

I'll add my endorsement of the CZ-75. Great gun.

11. atlsrt44

went with my buddy to shoot his cz sp 01 phantom today.....

All I can say is tackdriver.

no jams and dead on accurate.

12. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

I love my CZ75B SA in 9mm so much that if one day they make a 10mm, I'll buy it. Even if by then I own the EAA Witness Elite Match in 10mm that I drool over Internet pictures of now. :lol:

13. atlsrt44

I love my witness but fair warning a guy I work with bought a witness 10mm (used) and the slide cracked on him after about 200 rds.

Gun was used so I dunno Ive never had an issue with my .45 witness in steel frame or polymer.

14. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

I think some of the earlier standard Witnesses had that happen a few times, but I've never heard about it happening to one of the SA Elite Matches.

15. score69

score69 New Member

Just a quick bump here for a VERY deserving handgun.

I brought one of my CZ-75B's with me over the holidays and my Dad, my brother and the rangemaster all shot it. I think CZ-USA will now have three new customers in line. :righton: Everybody was really impressed with how it shot as a stock gun. I hate to say it, but I can easily outshoot my XD with the CZ-75B, and prior to getting the CZ, I was very happy with how accurate I was with my XD.

As soon as Ryan gets my holster and belt done, I'm planning on retiring my XD-9 as my EDC and switching over to the CZ-75B. Will probably still carry the XD here and there, but since I OC 99% of the time, I'll probably stick with the CZ since that will be my first custom holster. May have to get Ryan to make a new rig for the XD too. I don't want it to get jealous.

16. ookoshi

ookoshi Moderator