Immigration Reform = Gun Control?

Discussion in 'National Laws, Bills and Politics' started by Malum Prohibitum, Jun 1, 2007.

1. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul389.html

2. Tinkerhell

Tinkerhell Active Member

Since they are trying to bring that piece of trash they call an immigration reform bill back to the Senate for some kind of special vote (only minor ammendments can be propsed & limited amount of discussion time before the vote is going to be called?? I can't find the specifics on what this is or how it works...) I just sent off letters to my Senators and my Representative (just to be sure he knows what his peons, I mean, his constituents want also).

Have you done this yet?
    :?:

3. ber950

ber950 Active Member

Our two Senators are backing away from this bill now. I think the pressure from home is getting too high.

4. Purge

Purge New Member

I got 3 emails and 2 letters from Sham-bliss and he keeps telling me over and over and over again, it's not amnesty, it's not amnesty, It's Not Amnesty, IT'S NOT AMNESTY... :censored: Liar :x

Oh, by the way he is also speeking for Isakson in the emails. Keep the pressure on.

5. shamalama

shamalama New Member

Georgia is the newest fight in the Amnesty Circus, with the state's Senators considered premier prizes, both who appeared to back the Senate's immigration bill before distancing themselves in the face of voter opposition. But even as they try to increase the gap, the Bush administration and Georgia businesses are trying to rope them back in, telling them the state's economy needs the workers.

B.S.

Phil Kent, a Republican activist from Georgia and spokesman for several national groups opposing the bill, said the two senators have heard their voters. "They'd be making a serious mistake with the electorate in Georgia if they vote for this amnesty bill," he said, adding that a political action committee has vowed to help either a Republican primary challenger or Democratic general election challenger to Republicans who vote for the bill.

Below is my SECOND attempt to convince my Senators to vote against the current Amnesty Bill:

=====

According to U.S. Border Control (www.usbc.org), which has done exhaustive research, it’s 20 million illegal aliens, not 12 million.

And, it appears that this bill would allow these 20 million to bring in their immediate family members - parents, children, brothers and sisters, and, of course, a spouse. This means that, at a bare minimum, it is necessary to multiply the 20 million figure by seven, eight or more.

The truth is that this legislation is opening the door to 200 million people, the vast majority of whom are uneducated, unskilled, non-English speakers, with no love or loyalty for the United States.

Our entire population is only 300 million! What is the Senate thinking?

Why isn’t this true number being used in the debates? Why would anybody wish to import a huge, permanent underclass of uneducated, unskilled people when our government seems incapable of helping Americans who are stuck at the bottom rung of the opportunity ladder?

A senior citizens’ group issued a study estimating more than 2 million illegal immigrants could gain nearly $1 trillion in Social Security benefits by 2040 if the bill becomes law. They're unequivocally certain that it’s going to have a devastating effect on the solvency of Social Security, which is already estimated to go bankrupt in 2041.

We voters are asking one, and only one, thing: secure the borders. We don't want anything "comprehensive" because we’ve got no faith that you’ll actually enforce the current laws, much less some new laws. We have never asked for any comprehensive reform; this is a subject brewed and concocted in Washington.

Once you've proven to us that you're more interested in securing the borders than you are trying to bribe 20 million new voters then we voters will start having more faith.

When you're not looking after the interests of current American voters we can't help but wonder who you are looking after in Washington.

=====

6. luke0927

luke0927 New Member

My last letter from them.....

7. Tinkerhell

Tinkerhell Active Member

This bit bothers me a little, but on the whole the letter looks good & sounds like maybe these guys get that we don't want anything new, just enforce what's already on the books.

8. Mobster989

Mobster989 New Member

Actually SS will be bankrupt by 2018 at the current estimates. 2042 is the estimate of when the IOUs the government has been putting into the SS piggy bank will run out. But guess what, those IOUs are government IOUs, meaning that the tax payers will be the ones paying them off. So after 2018 the tax payers will be paying increased taxes to get rid of IOUs that the government incurred by taking from the people. Good game.

We can't build a wall? I say we recall those 160,000 troops in Iraq and secure our border before we go securing Baghdad. Or at least pull out the national guard troops, and have them guard our nation. Oh and authorize the soldiers to fire too. Here's another one, stop sending federal agents doing their job to prison. They could fix this problem if they wanted to, but they don't. They keep finding excuses so they can grant them amnesty.

Personally I have no problem against them comming here as long as they pledge their loyalty to America and they speak decent English. The crap that pisses me off is when these scumbag immigrants come to America and start waving Mexican flags. If Mexico is so freakin' great, GO BACK. I honestly believe that the government has no interest in fixing the problem, they're is no money in it so they don't care.

9. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

Carlos Mencia had a good idea. Get the illegals to build the wall, then when it is done, ask them if the other side looks good too.

Then lock the door when they go look. 2 birds, 1 stone. Illegals gone and fence built (in 6 days).

10. Malum Prohibitum

Ok, so what about the gun control angle? Has anybody figured this out?

11. Macktee

Macktee New Member

12. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

Gun Owners of America E-Mail Alert
    Wednesday, May 23, 2007

13. Malum Prohibitum

Well, let's see the language from the bill, not wild speculations about the GFSZA being used to prosecute people driving to a soccer game.

14. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

I hate to say it but if GOA's analysis of this is the same warped view they have of the NICS bill, then the bill will not even remotely allow what they say it does.

15. Malum Prohibitum

That is what I am afraid of, and if Ron Paul is simply repeating it . . . :roll:

16. Tinkerhell

Tinkerhell Active Member

The vote for cloture passed today 65 to 34.
    This doesn't mean that the Bill is passed or anything like that. I believe today's vote just bared any further amendments from being brought forth. Not positive about that, but there will be another vote Thur and then a final vote at some point after that. IF I understand the process which is entirely possible I don't.

Anyway our two boys voted "Nay" as they should have. The following Rebuplicans failed to do that however:

Bennett (R-UT), Yea
    Bond (R-MO), Yea
    Brownback (R-KS), Yea
    Burr (R-NC), Yea
    Coleman (R-MN), Yea
    Collins (R-ME), Yea
    Craig (R-ID), Yea
    Domenici (R-NM), Yea
    Ensign (R-NV), Yea
    Graham (R-SC), Yea
    Gregg (R-NH), Yea
    Hagel (R-NE), Yea
    Kyl (R-AZ), Yea
    Lott (R-MS), Yea
    Lugar (R-IN), Yea
    Martinez (R-FL), Yea
    McCain (R-AZ), Yea
    McConnell (R-KY), Yea
    Murkowski (R-AK), Yea
    Snowe (R-ME), Yea
    Specter (R-PA), Yea
    Stevens (R-AK), Yea
    Voinovich (R-OH), Yea
    Warner (R-VA), Yea

17. peashooter

peashooter New Member

I see some boys going to be without a job next election. [-X

18. Tinkerhell

Tinkerhell Active Member

Well I wouldn't necessarily write em all off just yet. It's possible they are taking the stance of - "let's get done with all the talk and get to the vote that counts so I can vote NO". However given the way the politicos now go about things it would have been better to just nix the cloture option & keep this thing from ever getting to a final vote... If it gets to a final vote & passes out of the Senate then I blame these guys for passing the Bill even if they end up voting NO in the one that really counts.

19. M249

M249 New Member

I don't care if G-d himself comes down and campaigns for Sell-Out Saxby, he's not getting my vote.

The 17th Amendment has completely negated the original purpose of the Senate.

20. jrm

jrm Sledgehammer

There was not a cloture vote Tuesday. Tuesday's vote was to reopen debate. Today's cloture vote was defeated, both GA senators voting against. The bill is essentially dead now.