IMI Baby Eagle

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Boy Racer, Jun 29, 2007.

1. Boy Racer

Boy Racer New Member

I've got an IMI Baby Eagle in 9mm. Mine has the frame-mounted safety and no de-cocker. Some of the BE's I've seen out there have frame-mounted safetys. Some have de-cockers (I think), some have both (I think).

Does anyone know of the magazines from all the different versions are interchangeable? Or know where I could find that information?

2. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

You could try calling Magnum Research. I don't see where the safety would make a difference on the mags though.

http://magnumresearch.com/

If you look at the mag listings on their web site, it doesn't specify safety type.

Also, DO NOT let anyone convince you to use EAA Witness mags in your Baby Eagle!!! They will fit, but will not feed properly.

3. tace

tace New Member

Is the BE a CZ variant?

4. DKing

DKing New Member

The Baby Eagle is a slight refinement (and marketing gimmick) over the Jericho which is a rip off of the CZ. You're not going to get interchangeability of parts between a BE and a CZ but the ideas are identical.

5. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

I used to have a .45 Baby Eagle and fell for the line "Oh yea, you can use EAA Witness .45 mags in it.". It ran perfectly with factory mags and turned into a jam-o-matic with the EAA mags.

6. tace

tace New Member

This is pretty much the same thing Armalite is doing with AR-24 and AR-24k. Not that I would mind owning one of those.

7. DKing

DKing New Member

I guess it's like saying the Kimber is a knockoff of the 1911. :? Although if the magizines won't work there must be some internal oddities. I wonder what they are.

8. Boy Racer

Boy Racer New Member

I thought DKing's characterization was a little hateful, but I didn't say anything. :?

9. DKing

DKing New Member

Or you could think that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

That's me, hateful to the core. :lol: I'm glad you didn't say anything about it though, it might have hurt my feelings. :wink: :D

Cz-75
    EAA Witness
    Jericho
    Baby Eagle
    Tangfolio
    Armalite 24

Seems to be a popular design. I just wonder who's not getting their royalties.