Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
picked this up the other day. not usually my kind of gun. but got a great deal and thought i'd try it. its a s&w mod. 3914 9mm. made in 1989. this thing is a beast. once i shot it i fell in love. deadly accurate and feeds anything. even empty brass. just right for carry. single stack so its nice and thin. i sold my g19 in favor of this gun. it looks a little rough. a previous owner duracoated it. now all the edges are rubbed off. character,lol. if you get a chance to pick one up you won't regret. built like a tank.

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,110 Posts
1989 ain't old!
Heck, that gun is barely old enough to take her to a bar or nightclub!!
When you said "OLD" Smith, I was thinking before WWII.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
gunsmoker said:
1989 ain't old!
Heck, that gun is barely old enough to take her to a bar or nightclub!!
When you said "OLD" Smith, I was thinking before WWII.
I was born in 1989....

·
Registered
10,667 Posts
WHAT???
a 4 digit SMith autoloader being OLD??
Jeez, that was the time Smith was churing out autoloaders and numbers by the week....

I found a birth year Smith Model 10 two weeks ago...a NO DASH Model 10 with 4 screws....it was made in 1958, just like I was....but it ain't my oldest Smith

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
guess i should say old school more than old. least by todays standards. lol

·
Registered
10,667 Posts
bearpugh said:
guess i should say old school more than old. least by todays standards. lol
It is older school....all grinding on you youngun's aside, the single stack Smith 9's, of which ever version you might get, are fine firearms....
I gave one to my Chief Deputy when he retired......3913....excellent carry gun

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
i've got a model 469 9mm that i love.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
must be love. traded it off and immediately regretted it. 2 weeks later i bought it back.lol. i have never bought back a gun i've sold....ever. but this ol girl just fits me perfect and shoots so sweet. just never know i guess. i've never cared for da/sa guns, but love this one. i guess its used enough that it smoothed everything out. even the da trigger is nice. glad to have her home.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
it would break my heart to have to sell my 469, i've had it for 28 years.

·
Registered
570 Posts
I really need to get one of those 3rd gen Smiths.

My collection consists of mostly guns older than me. That is fine by me. Never bought a new gun. Could never see why when you can get just as good of a product used for less monies.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts