Im going to Orlando in the next week......

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Sharky, Jun 26, 2007.

1. Sharky

Sharky New Member

Couple Carjacked In Parking Lot Of Orlando Ale House

POSTED: 6:35 am EDT June 26, 2007
    UPDATED: 7:47 am EDT June 26, 2007

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- An Orange County couple was carjacked at gunpoint and driven to another part of town where they were eventually let go by their attacker. It happened at the Ale House on Hiawassee Road and West Colonial Drive.

The couple was left stranded with no car and no money, early Tuesday morning, after an armed man drove off with their Ford Mustang. Deputies said the couple was in the rear parking lot of the Ale House on Hiawassee and West Colonial when the gunman approached them and demanded money.

Even though the two victims complied, the attacker got in their car and ordered them to drive about nine miles to Rose Bay Court. That's where the carjacker forced the couple out of the car and drove away.

Deputies recovered the stolen vehicle a few hours later at an apartment complex in the Pine Hills area, but the person who went on a joy ride was nowhere to be found.

Crime scene technicians processed the vehicle to see if they could find some fingerprints inside and possibly identify the attacker.

Carjacking Leads To Chase Across Orange County

POSTED: 11:22 pm EDT June 25, 2007
    UPDATED: 10:14 am EDT June 26, 2007

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- Two suspected carjackers led Orange County deputies on a high-speed pursuit, Monday evening. The thieves allegedly held a man up at the 7-Eleven on Clarcona Ocoee Road, near Apopka Vineland.

As the victim finished pumping gas, the two armed men stole his car. One took off in the victim's black Ford F-250, the other in a red Chevy Blazer.

Deputies chased the suspects down SR-408 to I-4, then to Orange Blossom Trail, with speeds, at times, around 80 miles per hour. The chase finally ended at the Green Arbor Apartments near Texas Avenue and Americana Boulevard. The suspect took off on foot, but deputies quickly caught him.

"They tapped him and said, 'Get down, get down, get down.' So he lay down, but I guess he was hesitating to lay down, so they tased him," said eyewitness Darrick Christian.

Investigators said the suspect driving the black truck was 28-year-old Victor Nieves and he was armed with a handgun. His partner driving the red Blazer got away. No one was injured during the entire incident.

Deputies said anyone who has information about the suspect in the red Blazer is asked to call the Orange County Sheriff's Office.

2. Sharky

Sharky New Member

Both of these happened in not so bad parts of Orange county, but of course ended up in the less desireable parts.

I am an uncle again so I will be visiting in a week or so, I think I will be carrying the whole time. Especially since my family lives in that area....

3. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

In FL you can carry in restaurants where alcohol is served and there is no "public gathering" law.

4. Sharky

Sharky New Member

yeah I pretty happy about their laws compared to ours. I of course have printed out the GA and FL code and the whole receiprocity thing. Just in case local LEO are a bit confused.

I never leave home without the code! (no not the pirates code LOL)

5. Sharky

Sharky New Member

Just in case people were wondering.

790.06(12) - No license issued pursuant to this section shall authorize any person to carry a concealed weapon or firearm into any place of nuisance as defined in s. 823.05; any police, sheriff, or highway patrol station; any detention facility, prison, or jail; any courthouse; any courtroom, except that nothing in this section would preclude a judge from carrying a concealed weapon or determining who will carry a concealed weapon in his or her courtroom; any polling place; any meeting of the governing body of a county, public school district, municipality, or special district; any meeting of the Legislature or a committee thereof; any school, college, or professional athletic event not related to firearms; any school administration building; any portion of an establishment licensed to dispense alcoholic beverages for consumption on the premises, which portion of the establishment is primarily devoted to such purpose; any elementary or secondary school facility; any area vocational-technical center; any college or university facility unless the licensee is a registered student, employee, or faculty member of such college or university and the weapon is a stun gun or nonlethal electric weapon or device designed solely for defensive purposes and the weapon does not fire a dart or projectile; inside the passenger terminal and sterile area of any airport, provided that no person shall be prohibited from carrying any legal firearm into the terminal, which firearm is encased for shipment for purposes of checking such firearm as baggage to be lawfully transported on any aircraft; or any place where the carrying of firearms is prohibited by federal law. Any person who willfully violates any provision of this subsection commits a misdemeanor of the second degree, punishable as provided in s 775.082 or s. 775.083.

6. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

:shock: I'm in Orange County right now.

7. Sharky

Sharky New Member

it happens everywhere, but Orange County just has so many tourists and residents, the local PD has their hands full....

8. Axeman

Axeman New Member

I am visiting in a little over a week to Orlando, thanks for the code. I will be packing heavily, like usual. :wink:

9. Sharky

Sharky New Member

NP the link is pretty darn good as well.

10. Macktee

Macktee New Member

Hey Uncle Sharky:

You be careful down there... OK?

CYA at the range!

11. Sharky

Sharky New Member

Sounds good. Thanks!!!!

12. Purge

Purge New Member

Adam5, are you sure that you can carry in a restaurant that serves alcohol?

When I was in FL I didn't.

13. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

I think it just means the part of the restaurant, hence the "portion" (like a bar). I haven't tested it out though.

14. maddog

maddog New Member

It usually means a place where their majority of income is from... ie. if they make more from alcohol sales then it's off limits.

15. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

It's my understanding and what I've heard from people there from other forums, that you can carry in the restaurant, just not the bar area. he bar area is devoted primarily to serving alcohol and is off limits, but the rest of the place is dedcated primarily to serving food in OK for carry.

16. Purge

Purge New Member

Thanks Adam5 and others.

17. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

+1