I'm a Proud Daddy !!

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by Adam5, Nov 3, 2007.

1. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

I'm sorry, but I have to brag in my little girl for a moment. Today was the the last show of the New Classic Horse Shows summer/fall season. My 11 year old daughter, Lexxy, and her horse, Lady, placed second in her class for the day, and were declared champions for the season. Here are a few pics from today's show.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Fallschirmjäger

Fallschirmjäger I watch the watchers

You have every right to be a proud Pop.

3. merlock

merlock Active Member

4. FireStar

FireStar Guest

Congratulations, Adam! At first I thought she was going to be holding up a target. :wink: She looks very happy.

5. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

I'll post a pic of that in a few weeks. I haven't taken her to the range lately.

6. Sharky

Sharky New Member

congrats!!!!

We know she can handle you as well as her horse!!! She's the boss!

7. cdtracing

cdtracing New Member

Congratulations as well.

8. Sine Nomen

Sine Nomen New Member

What a beautiful horse. Does your daughter look after her or is she kept by a stable?

9. VolGrad

VolGrad Tactical Statistician

10. AeroShooter

AeroShooter Active Member

:applause: :deadhorse: <- only horse related emoticon

11. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

Lexxy, her mom, and her stepfather look after Lady and their other horse Casey. They are stabled at a horse farm in Adairsville that her trainer manages. Eventually she will switch over to riding Casey, but for now she is a little too small to properly control him. He is 16 hands, 2 inches (approx 5 1/2 feet tall) and 1400+ pounds.

She has VERY lofty goals for an 11 year old. She wants to enter Jr Olympic training when she's old enough (13). After the Jr Olympics and high school, she wants an equestrian scholarship to UGA. Until she started riding I had never heard of NCAA equestrian competition, but it ends up that UGA has held the NCAA champoinship for the last several years. After getting a degree in equine management, she wants to ride for the US Olympic team, then open her own horse farm.

Personally, I'll be perfectly happy if horses just keep her out of trouble through her teen years.

12. Sine Nomen

Sine Nomen New Member

Wow, sound slike she doesmake her daddy proud. :applause:

13. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

Wow, sound slike she doesmake her daddy proud. :applause:[/quote:2sceg9ti]

Conbined with straight A's on her last report card, yes , we are VERY proud of her.

14. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Congratulations.

15. VolGrad

VolGrad Tactical Statistician

It's nice to hear stories about good kids every once in a while. Thanks for sharing. Also, living in Athens, we have taken our little one over to the UGA equestrian farm a couple of times. They have a great team and the girls all seem really nice. We took our daughter into the stables and as far back as we could easily walk into the pastures. The girls all brought their horses over for her to see and talked to her. It really made her day. Our daughter has her own horse in TN at her grandparents house. Being almost 4 she hasn't ridden yet, except for pony rides, but has been on his back a couple of times. I hope she continues her equine interest as she grows up.

16. legacy38

legacy38 Well-Known Member

17. Macktee

Macktee New Member

Congratulations to Lexxy there Adam. We all know you didn't have all that much to do with her success. Well, other than writing a few (hundred!) checks...

Nice she can do something besides beat the crap outta you at the range!!! :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Tell her we're all proud and happy of and for her.

Hey! You can go right on being the proud poppa! We understand.

:)

18. FireStar

FireStar Guest

+1

When you don't have kids and don't hang out with anyone with kids, all you see is what's on the news and television. And that doesn't exactly paint an encouraging picture of the upcoming generation. Thanks for sharing. Pretty amazing for an 11yo ... I'm not even that focused at 30-something.

19. oxfat

oxfat Member

Congratulations, Adam5!

The determination to succeed is probably the best thing she could have. And I'll bet the coaching and support she receives at home is instrumental in her outlook. Good job, dad!