Illinois Assault Weapon Ban

Discussion in 'National Laws, Bills and Politics' started by Malum Prohibitum, Mar 7, 2007.

1. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

One of the features in Illinois's assault weapons ban, which just passed out of committee, is:

:shock:

Apparently, the committee let gun control advocates speak, but not anybody opposing the bill!

:shock:

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=260491

I feel sorry for those people.

2. wwomack

wwomack New Member

By my reading of that text, it bans every single rifle and shotgun I have ever seen. Amazing

3. Malum Prohibitum

Well that is just one feature. But it is a new one on me. I think they are saying they want gun owners to burn their hands!

4. Malum Prohibitum

Can this even be true?

5. Foul

Foul New Member

6. geaux_tigers

geaux_tigers Member

Can this even be true?[/quote:181q7u0j]

I dunno. You wrote it, Chief. :lol:

7. geaux_tigers

geaux_tigers Member

That's the first thought that popped into my head when I read your original post. Maybe its some sick, twisted play on aversion therapy....

8. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

I find it kinda funny that this ban and HR1022 both mention my High Point Carbine by name, but by reading the text a Kel-Tec PLR16 would be allowed. I disagree with the term "assault weapon" and with any type of gun ban, but IF I had to classify something as an "assault weapon" it would probably be a .223 "long range pistol" over a Hi Point Carbine.

9. glockgirl

glockgirl New Member

I guess it is like when you are a kid and mom finally lets you touch the hot stove.
    :screwy:
    I guess we can leave it with just the barrel and ya'll can wear asbestos gloves. then you can sue them for asbestos poisioning.

10. geaux_tigers

geaux_tigers Member

I saw one at a gun shop the other day; I resisted the urge to hold it. If they allowed rifles calibers on the range I'm afraid I would own it...

11. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

HR1022 does not allow a PLR16.