Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Moderator
Joined
·
68,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the features in Illinois's assault weapons ban, which just passed out of committee, is:

a shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles the barrel, and that permits the shooter to hold the firearm with the non-trigger hand without being burned;
:shock:

Apparently, the committee let gun control advocates speak, but not anybody opposing the bill!

:shock:

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=260491

I feel sorry for those people.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
160 Posts
a shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles the barrel, and that permits the shooter to hold the firearm with the non-trigger hand without being burned;
By my reading of that text, it bans every single rifle and shotgun I have ever seen. Amazing
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
68,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well that is just one feature. But it is a new one on me. I think they are saying they want gun owners to burn their hands!
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
68,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Malum Prohibitum said:
Apparently, the committee let gun control advocates speak, but not anybody opposing the bill!
Can this even be true?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
994 Posts
Malum Prohibitum said:
[quote="Malum Prohibitum":181q7u0j]Apparently, the committee let gun control advocates speak, but not anybody opposing the bill!
Can this even be true?[/quote:181q7u0j]

I dunno. You wrote it, Chief. :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
994 Posts
Malum Prohibitum said:
I think they are saying they want gun owners to burn their hands!
That's the first thought that popped into my head when I read your original post. Maybe its some sick, twisted play on aversion therapy....
 

·
Atlanta Overwatch
Joined
·
13,863 Posts
I find it kinda funny that this ban and HR1022 both mention my High Point Carbine by name, but by reading the text a Kel-Tec PLR16 would be allowed. I disagree with the term "assault weapon" and with any type of gun ban, but IF I had to classify something as an "assault weapon" it would probably be a .223 "long range pistol" over a Hi Point Carbine.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
997 Posts
I guess it is like when you are a kid and mom finally lets you touch the hot stove.
:screwy:
I guess we can leave it with just the barrel and ya'll can wear asbestos gloves. then you can sue them for asbestos poisioning.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
994 Posts
Adam5 said:
but by reading the text a Kel-Tec PLR16 would be allowed.
I saw one at a gun shop the other day; I resisted the urge to hold it. If they allowed rifles calibers on the range I'm afraid I would own it...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,460 Posts
Adam5 said:
I find it kinda funny that this ban and HR1022 both mention my High Point Carbine by name, but by reading the text a Kel-Tec PLR16 would be allowed. I disagree with the term "assault weapon" and with any type of gun ban, but IF I had to classify something as an "assault weapon" it would probably be a .223 "long range pistol" over a Hi Point Carbine.
HR1022 does not allow a PLR16.

(F) A semiautomatic pistol that has the ability to accept a detachable magazine, and has--
(i) a second pistol grip;
(ii) a threaded barrel;
(iii) a barrel shroud; or
(iv) the capacity to accept a detachable magazine at a location outside of the pistol grip.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top