Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a list of 6 firearms that was stolen from my home while I was at work today.

I am on the phone with the cops giving them the details. I just want to put this out there if any one comes across the.

1. Spas-12 folding stock-Ser. # AB6928
2. SKS, Folding stock-Ser. # 18000204
3. Custom Colt 1911A1, Nickel Frame, Blue Colt Custom slide-Ser.#70G76637
4. CZ-85 Combat Satin nickel- Ser. # A090764
5. Delton Car Ar-15 Ser. # B-2729
6. Cobray m-11 .380 open bolt- NO Ser. #

Please keep an eye out for them.

Thanks
WAS a Spas-12 Owner.

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts
Don't you live in Newton County? I heard of another break in where guns were stolen in south Newton the other day. They caught these guys after they made of with the guns, though. Must be something going around Newton County, if that is where you are from.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Passing the info along... hope it helps.

Post up what department/office to contact with a phone number and a case # ASAP so it can go along with the info.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
I am very sorry to hear this happened. Please also report the stolen firearms directly to BATFE, via their Stolen Firearms Hotline at (888) 930-9275. Doing so will help ensure your stolen firearm is entered into the NCIC database and will put information about your stolen firearm into the hands of law enforcement agencies across the country who may recover it at a later time.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I live in Hollys springs, Ga-Cherokee county.

It happened Today.

It is with the Holly springs City police department.

I will get the report number soon as I get near the card.

I will also follow and let everyone here what goes on.

And yes I have posted the same list under different forum's that deal with firearms.

They all should be under Spas-12 Owner if any one wants to see the others but its cut/copy/paste so there all pretty much the same.

I hope I answered all the questions.

Thanks
(WAS A)Spas-12 Owner.

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
I am very sorry to hear this happened.
:(

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts
latter_day_hippie said:
I am very sorry to hear this happened. Please also report the stolen firearms directly to BATFE, via their Stolen Firearms Hotline at (888) 930-9275. Doing so will help ensure your stolen firearm is entered into the NCIC database and will put information about your stolen firearm into the hands of law enforcement agencies across the country who may recover it at a later time.
Hopefully, BATFE never gets there hands on them, or there may be a chance he'll never see them again, even if the firearms are required.

·
Registered
461 Posts
A gun I sold to someone was stolen from their home in Rockdale County Friday. Sounds like the gun is what the burglars were after.
May be an east metro thing if there have been others in Newton as well.

·
Registered
4,521 Posts
latter_day_hippie said:
His local agency can do the same thing.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
MesaCranker said:
latter_day_hippie said:
Can, but often doesn't. I recommend people do this because if a gun is "found" outside of the jurisdiction where it was stolen and it hasn't been entered into the BATFE database, the jurisdiction that "found" it may never know it was stolen and report the recovery back to the owner. Yes, the jurisdiction that "found" the stolen gun or BATFE might hang on to it, but I would rather that happen than never know that the stolen gun was taken out of circulation.

I had a gun stolen ten years ago and still have nightmares that I will get a call someday telling me it was used to kill an innocent person. I would much rather hear (someday) that it was taken off the street, even if I have to go through hell and back to recover it.

Just my $0.02. If you don't agree, leave the copper lying on the ground and move on. :)

·
Swollen Member
11,934 Posts
latter_day_hippie said:
I had a gun stolen ten years ago and still have nightmares that I will get a call someday telling me it was used to kill an innocent person. I would much rather hear (someday) that it was taken off the street, even if I have to go through hell and back to recover it.
Same here, except mine was stolen almost 2 years ago. I blame the thief and the public gathering law. 99.9% of the time my gun was either on me or in a home safe, except that noche. My neighborhood has its monthly association meeting in a church conference room, so carry was and is still off limits, albeit unconstitutionally. That was the only night of the month that I left the gun unattended in the car - stupid me. Lesson learned.

·
Registered
4,521 Posts
latter_day_hippie said:
MesaCranker said:
[quote="latter_day_hippie":2fwoyq3c]I am very sorry to hear this happened. Please also report the stolen firearms directly to BATFE, via their Stolen Firearms Hotline at (888) 930-9275. Doing so will help ensure your stolen firearm is entered into the NCIC database and will put information about your stolen firearm into the hands of law enforcement agencies across the country who may recover it at a later time.
Can, but often doesn't. I recommend people do this because if a gun is "found" outside of the jurisdiction where it was stolen and it hasn't been entered into the BATFE database, the jurisdiction that "found" it may never know it was stolen and report the recovery back to the owner. Yes, the jurisdiction that "found" the stolen gun or BATFE might hang on to it, but I would rather that happen than never know that the stolen gun was taken out of circulation.

Just my $0.02. If you don't agree, leave the copper lying on the ground and move on. :)[/quote:2fwoyq3c]
Which agency was this with? When we enter things on GCIC/NCIC the warrants division is supposed to enter it on both. Of course there is always some potential of human error when entering in serial number, make, model and caliber. However, even if the originating agency is not the one that finds the weapon, the originating ORI should still come back on the hit. The finding agency can then contact the original entering agency and see if they wish to place a hold on the item. Same goes with stolen cars, wanted folks, etc...

At least that's how things are supposed to work... of course all this depends on the serial number still being on the weapon when it's found. Either way I'd rather not give a federal agency the information on any of my weapons if I don't have to.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts