Idiot at Dr. Office

Discussion in 'Citizens Encounters' started by DKW, Mar 20, 2018.

1. DKW

DKW Member

I had to take my dad to a medical facility for an outpatient procedure yesterday. As I was sitting in the waiting room, the sound like a piece of metal hitting the floor startled everybody. I looked around and saw that it was handgun hitting the floor. It was some small pocket gun. The guy who owned it looked around, found it and proceeded to put it back in his back pocket WITHOUT A HOLSTER and proceeded to laugh it off.

I am thinking at this point, "what an idiot, carrying around a handgun without a holster".

I didn't say anything but I probably should have.

POPATOP67 likes this.
  2. mark5019

mark5019 what me worry?

its totally legal

3. RedDawnTheMusical

RedDawnTheMusical Well-Known Member

Legal, albeit really stupid and reckless, as demonstrated.

MSgt G likes this.
  4. DKW

DKW Member

Just because it is legal doesn't make it smart or right.

5. a_springfield

a_springfield Well-Known Member

I carry a LCR in my front pocket w/o a holster

6. Savannah Dan

Savannah Dan Cross-drawer

Exactly. It depends on the gun and the pocket. Cargo pockets seem like a really bad place to carry.

7. a_springfield

Cargo pocket= no gun
    Revolver= front or back pocket no holster
    Simi auto= holster needed.
    My LCP stays in my front pocket (just noticed some surface rust yesterday) unless I am at my day job. My lawn care/ pest control company in my pocket. I need a better oil for sweaty summer time.

8. Wegahe

Wegahe NRA Instructor

Or a holster. I know it's legal to carry without one as it should be. It's just not always wise to do so. If you are going to no holster pocket carry make sure the pocket will secure the firearm and nothing except the firearm goes into that pocket.

9. UtiPossidetis

UtiPossidetis American

I'm more interested in the lack of response reported by the MDs office staff. Given how LibTard most of the Medical Associations are these days that was a bit surprising.

Just check out this....
    https://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/893477

10. DKW

DKW Member

It was a semi-auto. I couldn't tell make and model but was about LC9 size.

11. DKW

DKW Member

Guy was wearing blue jeans.

12. DKW

DKW Member

Little clarification. It was in a doctors office complex. The actual waiting room was full (very small) so they have 20 or so chairs in the hallway right outside the waiting room. That is where it occurred. so no actual office staff saw it.

13. a_springfield

The LCP is in the ruger holster that it came with. The LCR does not have a holster. The only thing that goes in my right pocket is pistol and car key fob (only if I have the holstered LCP, it sits perfectly to breakup the profile of a gun) unless I am at my day job then I have a pocket knife clipped in my pocket.

14. Scout706

Scout706 Active Member

Another advantage of a holster is that it prevents sharp edges such as a sight from wearing a hole in your pocket material. Ask me how I know this.

Archangel likes this.
  15. a_springfield

I lost a pair of shorts to this last summer, but I only had one pair of shorts.

POPATOP67 likes this.