Idaho Teens Tote Loaded Guns Around Town Legally

Discussion in 'In the News' started by pro2am, May 20, 2007.

1. pro2am

pro2am New Member

From http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,274138,00.html

Home schooled! How that mentality differs from our publicly educated youth! How cool is this! 8)

Edited to add: It is kind of appalling to see how some people react though. Especially the american legion.

2. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

wow..... way to go kids!

But the whole rifle on the back things while walking around town......eh.....

3. ICP_Juggalo

ICP_Juggalo Active Member

That would be perfectly legal without a license here in GA too, and I have done it and thought about doing it several times more.

The only time I have done it was on a hunting trip in Upson county. After a morning hunt, I decided to go to the store to get breakfast. So I walked from camp into town and into the grocery store and back with my .30-06 rifle slung on my back. Not a word was said by anyone...

4. Macktee

Macktee New Member

In parts of Kentucky, open carry is not that unusual but may not be as prevalent as it once was, now that CC is available. I remember seeing numerous armed individuals in small towns, especially on Saturdays.

In the larger cities, the PDs tend to hassle people who open carry, eventhough it's perfectly legal to do so. Cities can't pass laws against it, but that doesn't stop them from charging people for disorderly conduct or whatever.

Ya know those rifle racks you see in the back windows of some pick up trucks? Well boys and girls, in Kentucky, they really are used to tote about rifles and shotguns and sticks with dog poop on the end...

5. slabertooch

slabertooch New Member

Used to live in Richmond Ky. just south of Lexington. Me and my brother open carry whenever we go out, so does my brother in law and father. The general consensus is to conceal when in downtown Lexington and Louisville. We have never had any trouble in Lexington though, but most of our business is on the outskirts of town.

6. Purge

Purge New Member

I’m jealous… I wish I could carry to a bible study at church.

Opps… I just broke a commandment, coveting.

7. Sharky

Sharky New Member

just goes to show how blind people are about what is and isnt law. MAss education is needed, to bad public schools have gone from quality education to pathetic public brainwashing.

8. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

I think we sould volunteer Ramm to be a ghinea pig. He should walk around N. Point Mall with with his AR slung across his and tell us what reactions he gets. If theyare positive, more of us will open carry rifles. If they are negative we won't. In a worst case scenario, we'll try to split the cost of his bail.

9. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

I may sound crazy from time to time, but I assure you I am not.

But if someone does decide to do it...I got $20 towards their bail.

10. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

The boy gets it, and, get this, the Chief of Police gets it!

"If you don't exercise a right, eventually it will go away," Zach Doty said last week, a handgun tucked in a holster on his hip. "I'd like to raise people's awareness that it's a right, and I hope to encourage others to exercise that right."
    . . .

I've been chief here for over 19 years, and we've never had anyone elect to exercise their rights this way," Hayes said.

The public and law enforcement will need to grow accustomed to the sight, Hayes said.

"I don't think it's necessary to overreact to two individuals who elect to exercise their right to carry a firearm," he said.

http://www.spokesmanreview.com/breaking ... p?ID=10097

11. Malum Prohibitum

12. Malum Prohibitum

Think we can get Chief Hayes to take over in Gwinnett?

13. Malum Prohibitum

Looks like a Remington 597.

14. Axeman

Axeman New Member

I salute these guys! :righton:

They have restored atleast some small bit of hope for the youth today.

Same goes for the sheriff.

15. S&W 40

S&W 40 Active Member

:?: :?: Why :?: