I wrote my GA Senator and Representative and Governor Perdue

Discussion in 'GA Laws and Politics' started by newarcher, Jul 9, 2007.

1. newarcher

newarcher New Member

Senator is Don Balfour
    Representative is Len Walker

I wrote them a month ago about the ambiguious places in GA where CC is against the law and the fact that it pretty much is based on what the Officer thinks as to whether you get arrested for carrying or not.

I asked them to push to have the law clarified so that well-intentioned citizens who are seeking to obey the law aren't arrested for an interpretation crime.

No response. Two more Congressmen on my crap list and will never get my vote.

Perdue has another week or two before I dust him off for good.

These legislators in DC and Ga are going to start listening to us or they can pack their bags!

New

2. USMC - Retired

USMC - Retired Active Member

newarcher,

First off, Welcome aboard!

Secondly, I applaud your efforts and time to write your elected representatives concerning the "Public gatherings" mess.

Thirdly, I would like to be the first to invite you to join others with the same goal in fighting to get Georgia's Firearms Laws fixed. There is strength in numbers! Please visit www.georgiacarry.org and sign up. While your there take a few moments to read about what GCO has been doing and the gains we have made!

3. newarcher

newarcher New Member

USMC.

Just waiting to get paid again and then I will join. This has to be fixed.....if the legislature's intent is to give the officer room to deal with people like the "I don't have to leave WalMart, I can carry all I want", there are ways to deal with that.

It seems inherently problematic to have a hidden list of places off limits that someone attempting to comply cannot possibly forecast.

See ya soon at GCO.

New

4. Mike from Philly

Mike from Philly New Member

Please be polite and don't write these guys off so fast. Some of them may be on our side, and we don't want to alienate any of them. There are alot of people pulling at them for attention. Since we don't have money, we have to influence them with our politeness and our small contributions (time and money) to their campaigns.

BTW I think Sen. Balfour is one of us (pro-gun). I think he sponsored a pro-gun bill in the past. I can't find which one at this moment. He is the chairman of the Rules committee. If there is a King in the Senate, he would be the chairman of that committee.

Thanks for writing the letters. Each one helps the Legislators recognize that a problem exists.

5. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

:righton:

6. newarcher

newarcher New Member

Well, Mike, I tend to agree and tend to disagree.

I don't personally disagree with any of the votes of Isakson, Chambliss, Balfour, or others. However, unless some things change drastically, they are not getting my vote again.

I would have been happy with a "Hey Mr. so and so....I received your email....go have carnal relations with yourself" or an "I don't agree with you". To be ignored is wholly unacceptable and outside of the issues that I am writing them about.

Regarding Perdue, I emailed him previously and received a written letter so I am waiting.

I refuse to send someone to represent me who will not at least send me a polite response back letting me know where they stand.

I was most definitely polite and I explained myself very well. I think that--regardless of your view on the topic--I made a compelling argument that if GA allows us to carry, it is only logical that it would clearly define when and where we can carry.

It is time for a house cleaning from the City, County, State, and especially Federal (Senate).

New

7. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Call their office and invite them to lunch (and pay). :wink:

8. newarcher

newarcher New Member

I am not sure I could afford the bar tab! :D

New

9. AV8R

AV8R Banned

Re: I wrote my GA Senator and Representative and Governor Pe

:shock:

10. newarcher

newarcher New Member

Let me clarify for av8r....I meant quit supporting him forever.....

I did not mean that I was going to dust him off ala Sopranos style.

New

11. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Even if you did, it would probably go to black screen just before the hit...nobody would ever know 8)

12. newarcher

newarcher New Member

Nice one! :D

New