Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was a pleasure to meet you CB, you did excellent work.

Here is my Zookeeper custom holster made to fit my XD(m) 3.8". Black leather with inlaid gray cane toad skin. The matching mag holder can be alternated between vertical and horizontal positions.

Thanks again Zookeeper, incredibly proud to wear this out and about.









 

·
Registered
Joined
·
291 Posts
a-squared said:
Was a pleasure to meet you CB, you did excellent work.

Here is my Zookeeper custom holster made to fit my XD(m) 3.8". Black leather with inlaid gray cane toad skin. The matching mag holder can be alternated between vertical and horizontal positions.

Thanks again Zookeeper, incredibly proud to wear this out and about.
Awesome work! I know you carry proudly!
 

·
Seasteading Aficionado
Joined
·
44,896 Posts
:love:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,894 Posts
If you don't mind me asking, how much did that beauty cost you?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,414 Posts
Quest50 said:
If you don't mind me asking, how much did that beauty cost you?
I'm sure a masterpiece like that must cost a pretty penny, but worth every bit of it and more!

Beautiful!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,745 Posts
the toad is so far my favorite exotic to work with, thanks for trusting me with your gun and letting me make that for you :)

Quest50 said:
If you don't mind me asking, how much did that beauty cost you?
i don't have a product line or price list, every thing i make is custom designed to your specs and priced based on materials and a little tossed in for my time. most of the holsters i have been making for forum members here have fallen in the 90-130 range, mag holders 30-50, i hope that helps.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quest50 said:
If you don't mind me asking, how much did that beauty cost you?
I don't mind, and I'll just say that it was in the range posted above :)

I don't want to say a specific price so I don't pigeon hole the Zookeeper. It was definitely worth every penny, pictures don't do the craftsmanship justice.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,256 Posts
That is a very nice looking combo you got there. I like how the can toad accents the black looks really good.Zookeeper is getting better every holster from what i see. :righton:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
785 Posts
That is by far the best looking holster and mag pouch yet!!!!! Love the ability to were the mag pouch either way!!! Cant wait to save enough to buy my Zookeeper special!!! :love: :righton:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
206 Posts
Very nice looking holster for a nice looking gun. I might have to talk to Chuck about getting a mag pouch like that to go with my holster.
How are you liking the new XDm Compact? I was pondering replacing my XD Subcompact with one of those.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I like the XDm alot! I haven't had but a few days to carry it since I didn't get a holster for it. I have put 100-150 rounds down the pipe at a range. It is very tight out of the box and shoots well, no fte or ftf.

Only thing I might have changed is trigger to shorter pull and reset, but I want to shoot it more to see how it feels after 500 rounds before that.

I will post some feedback on the mag holder as I get to wear it more, but I don't forsee any issues with operation or retention.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
504 Posts
zookeper said:
the toad is so far my favorite exotic to work with, thanks for trusting me with your gun and letting me make that for you :)

Quest50 said:
If you don't mind me asking, how much did that beauty cost you?
i don't have a product line or price list, every thing i make is custom designed to your specs and priced based on materials and a little tossed in for my time. most of the holsters i have been making for forum members here have fallen in the 90-130 range, mag holders 30-50, i hope that helps.
Zoo,

This is about what I would like mine to look like when you get around too it...check your old PMs. Leaving for 4-1/2 weeks and will be incommunicado. Great looking holster and mag holder!

Wife wants a set up for her SIG 226 with Cobra on it. Yes, she is a lefty as well.

Will contact you when I get back from my little mini-deployment to pay up! Let me know if you will be able to start them in early March.

Vooduchikn
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
839 Posts
daily packer said:
That is by far the best looking holster and mag pouch yet!!!!! Love the ability to were the mag pouch either way!!! Cant wait to save enough to buy my Zookeeper special!!! :love: :righton:
Now, wait just a minute there. His first was his best!!! J/K

That toad skin looks really good. :righton:

Just wait until the holster is broken-in. It is so comfortable that I've taken several naps with mine on me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I promised Zookeeper I would give some feedback on the mag holder since it was his first constructed this way.

I'm quite pleased with it. Since it has ability to wear vertical or horizontal and is missing any kind of cover or strap, we were concerned about retention. The retention has been great on it, and I've rocked it mostly in the horizontal position.

My belt gives some added thickness to improve the already perfect retention anyways. I personally like the ability to pull my mag out "forward" instead of "upward", it just feels smoother to me. Besides, if I change my mind, I'll just turn it up :righton:

Anyways, if you have an idea for Zookeeper to try, don't hesitate, his work is awesome and well thought out. I've included some pics for show and tell.









 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top