Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:righton: wow what a great place, I got a remingtin 870P magnum 12 ga in great cond. for $229.00. I like my guns perfect so i re blued it and re finished the wood on it, so pics will follow, but the store was great and the prices were great also, i stoped into franklins on the way , and man they have gone down hill, i will never go there again, I love clyde armory , the prices are very good and the people are great. i just wish i had a few more dollars to spend there. :righton:
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
16,485 Posts
vanguard said:
:righton: wow what a great place, I got a remingtin 870P magnum 12 ga in great cond. for $229.00. I like my guns perfect so i re blued it and re finished the wood on it, so pics will follow, but the store was great and the prices were great also, i stoped into franklins on the way , and man they have gone down hill, i will never go there again, I love clyde armory , the prices are very good and the people are great. i just wish i had a few more dollars to spend there. :righton:
Did they have any others? Last time I went, they had some wingmasters for $219 or $229, but they weren't quite what I wanted.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
438 Posts
You should go over to Winterville and visit Sporting Arms, next time you are in the Athens area.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
162 Posts
Wife and I stopped by Clyde's yesterday. It is a very nice store with friendly employees, but I have to agree on checking out Sporting Arms. The owner is very nice and has some of the best prices I have seen. Only charged me $10 to do a FFL transfer. I shopped around at a lot of the stores in my area and the gun I purchased was $75-$100 cheaper online, and after tax it was in the $125-$150 range. After the FFL fee, the gun at Sporting Arms would have only been $10+ tax (which would be around $55 more than I paid) more than buying online. For my next firearm purchase I will definitely look at them and help support a local business for not much more money.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,626 Posts
Going Postal said:
You should go over to Winterville and visit Sporting Arms, next time you are in the Athens area.
Good people...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
530 Posts
I purchased my recent 1911 at Clydes. Very good service, despite being very busy. Price was about 30 dollars higher than Trigger Time, but TT had a 12 week lead time.

While I was filling out my paperwork, another customer managed to knock four rifles off of the bottom shelf in a domino style. Luckily for him they were low end used rifles (m14 style). I felt embarrassed for him just from watching the incident.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,434 Posts
Both shops have good people working there and a good selection of guns and ammo. Clydes store is bigger though and is more likely to have things in stock. As already stated, Sporting Arms has a lower FFL fee and seems to be willing to deal on prices a little more. Even though Clydes is closer to my house, I tend to deal with Sporting Arms for major purchases.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Melissa5 said:
Both shops have good people working there and a good selection of guns and ammo. Clydes store is bigger though and is more likely to have things in stock. As already stated, Sporting Arms has a lower FFL fee and seems to be willing to deal on prices a little more. Even though Clydes is closer to my house, I tend to deal with Sporting Arms for major purchases.
they are in winterville right?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
414 Posts
Wolfram said:
While I was filling out my paperwork, another customer managed to knock four rifles off of the bottom shelf in a domino style. Luckily for him they were low end used rifles (m14 style). I felt embarrassed for him just from watching the incident.
Lol, maybe I was there at the same time because I also recall something similar when I was there a few weekends back. If not it must happen pretty regularly. :lol: I felt bad for the guy as well.

Love Clyde Armory though. Done my last two FFL transfers through them and have bought several from them as well. Good people and love the new store.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,434 Posts
vanguard said:
Melissa5 said:
Both shops have good people working there and a good selection of guns and ammo. Clydes store is bigger though and is more likely to have things in stock. As already stated, Sporting Arms has a lower FFL fee and seems to be willing to deal on prices a little more. Even though Clydes is closer to my house, I tend to deal with Sporting Arms for major purchases.
they are in winterville right?
Yes, Winterville.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
438 Posts
vanguard said:
they are in winterville right?
159 Park View
Winterville

I was over there this afternoon doing some swapping and I heard Lisa refer someone to Clydes for something. I wonder if Clydes would do the same thing????
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,434 Posts
Going Postal said:
vanguard said:
they are in winterville right?
159 Park View
Winterville

I was over there this afternoon doing some swapping and I heard Lisa refer someone to Clydes for something. I wonder if Clydes would do the same thing????
Yes, they would. Just the other day a Clydes employee told me to check with Sporting Arms for something that Clydes didn't have...even wrote down the phone number for me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
438 Posts
That is excellent, very good customer service from both of them!!
 
G

·
I know several of the staff at Clyde, and they're always very friendly and helpful, even be fore I knew them. Jerry and staff at Sporting Arms are great as well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,671 Posts
If I win the lotto clyde armory would be one of my first stops. I've browsed there several times and even when I've told them I'm just looking, not buying that day they have taken the time to show me guns and answer questions not just brush me off :righton:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
I work in Athens and everyone I talk to at work loves going to Sporting Arms in Winterville. My next purchase(s) will be at Sporting Arms. I drive by Clyde's everyday and it looks like an awesome place and have heard good things as well. I went to Academy Sports to buy some birdshot and they seemed very friendly and helpful.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top