I think I'm in love...

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Macktee, Jan 18, 2007.

1. Macktee

Macktee New Member

Certainly, I'm in lust...!

Unfortunately, my bride of 42 years (as of yesterday) has informed me "we" can't afford to buy any more guns for a while.

Sooooooo. I was thinking, maybe if everybody here tossed a couple of dollars (or more, let your conscience be your guide...)
    in to the hat, I might just barely be able to afford this little beauty.

Hey guys. I'd do the same for you.

Honest I would...............

Hey. You don't wanna stand in the way of true love, now do ya?

http://www.auctionarms.com/search/displ ... LNIB%C2%A0

2. SheriffOconee

SheriffOconee New Member

Tell your bride that you love her enough to let her look at it any time she wants too, as long as you are there to supervise.....look at it as quality family time.....
    I will say that is a beautiful rifle...

3. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

That is beautiful.

4. ICP_Juggalo

ICP_Juggalo Active Member

That is a beautiful rifle.

I bought a NIB Winchester Model 70 rifle in .300 Weatherby MAG several years ago for $485. It is a nice rifle. Not as good looking as the Browning, but a nice rifle nonetheless. I have only put about 50 rounds through it. My poor shoulder can't take much of that beast.

5. gunsbillygun

gunsbillygun New Member

that there be plum purdy

6. Foul

Foul New Member

I feel your pain.

I can't print the response "she-who-must-be-obeyed" gave me when I shuffled in with my head hanging low and asked about getting this one...

http://www.weareguns.com/barm107.html

7. gunsbillygun

gunsbillygun New Member

FOUL, were did you get that picture of my girlfriend!!!! :twisted:

8. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

That's a beautiful rifle. It may be time to take your waife to the jewelry store or to her favorite shopping spot.

Hey!!! It worked for me..

Example 1) A week after getting her new Coach purse, she didn't say a word about my getting my Ruger Security Six.

Example 2) When we bought her diamond earings (anniv present), she didn't say anything about the new watch that I picked up while at the jewelry store.

It works both ways though. I bought my Glock 17, and kept my mouth shut 2 weeks later when she wanted to get a Glock 19.

9. slabertooch

slabertooch New Member

Wish I had that problem Adam5.
    However the wife wants a cute and cuddly kitten, you know one of those expensive ones, so I worked it to my advantage. She gets a kitten if I get a gun, and that will solve the kitten problem :twisted: :minigun: :puke:

10. SheriffOconee

SheriffOconee New Member

My wife bought me a silencer so I could shoot in the yard and not bother her or the dog.....even paid the 200 dollar tax....what a gal huh!!

11. slabertooch

slabertooch New Member

Your wife and my wife need to spend some quality time together, is she very persuasive? :lol:

Actually my wife is cool about guns, she's a country gal, loves to fish, but with the arrival of our son, has gotten hyper-protective, but I figure after some broken bones, and really cool scars, my son and myself can dull that edge. :twisted:

12. GeorgiaGlocker

GeorgiaGlocker Romans 1:16

I have just the asnwer. Tell your beautiful bride that she can purchase a brand new pair of shoes. And if that doesn't work. Throw in that they don't have to be on sale!! :) If that doesn't work, nothing will.

13. Tinkerhell

Tinkerhell Active Member

My wife just recently had a cow when I advised her that I didn't see any problem with carrying once we have a child(s). "...even if you have locks or have it in a safe if you carry the child would have access to it then!!" My response of course - "If I'm carrying it's in my possession and is going to be safer than having a lock. As long as its on my hip it's under better control than anywhere else."
    She informed me in no uncertain terms that was unacceptible...
    Her: "Accidents happen all the time"
    Me: "So does armed robbery, rape, kidnapping etc etc... The main reason I like to carry is for your saftey and it will be for our child's saftey also."
    Her: "The only reason you want to carry a gun is to feel tough."

It went downhill fast after that. :censored: ](*,)

I expect that the advent of a little one in the house is going to allow me to purchase a nice big secure gun safe but no more bangers for a while. She will really have a cow when I start teaching our child about guns & gun saftey and take him/her shooting.

Ah the joys of marriage. :roll:

14. Foul

Foul New Member

Direct your wife's attention to this thread, and my second post in the same thread...

http://www.georgiapacking.org/forum/vie ... php?t=1551

If she would like to talk to my wife about how quickly views on firearms can change, I'll PM you the info for the two to talk.

Our situation had a "happy" ending...many do NOT.

15. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

I guess it helps that I was a cop who carried every day when I met my wife and when we got married. She has never known me to do anything else.

16. ICP_Juggalo

ICP_Juggalo Active Member

I'll bet you was even packin a pistola under your tux when she met you at the altar, huh?

17. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

:lol:
    I was really dissappointed on our honeymoon when we arrived at the cruise ship and they had metal detectors. Every day I went to the back of the ship, though, and shot trap off the back with a ship-owned shotgun. It made me feel better.

:wink:

18. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

Nice Rifle

That Browning Safari rifle sure is pretty. The best-looking gun I ever owned was a Weatherby Mark V deluxe. I got it from the Bank of Boulder as "interest" on a CD. The gloss on the stock was so rich, it looked like you could sink your finger into it up to the first joint. The blue was actually blue-tinted, not pure black. The gun was made in Japan in the early 1980s.

I had to sell it because my lifestyle is not set up for collecting pretty things. I am rough on my guns. Sometimes I set them down on the ground, not on perfectly clean soft shooting mats. In moving them in and out of the gun safe, they have been known to touch each other, bare metal to metal, or metal to wood. And since I clean my guns without the aid of a gun vise, they have been known to move around a bit and bang against other guns, or some metal gun parts, on the cleaning table, when working a bore brush through the barrel.

In sum, in the 10 years I owned that Weatherby I ended up taking it shooting four times, and even then I put two small scratches on it. I needed to sell it while it still looked gorgeous.

I'm the kind of guy that needs a bare stainless steel finish, and a polymer stock, and a rubber-coated scope.

19. Macktee

Macktee New Member

Last Sunday, Rammstein, Adam5 and I met at Bulls Eye in Cumming.

There was a dad and his little daughter. I'd guess she was four or five, and he was teaching her to shoot. She had a kid-sized rifle. I couldn't tell if it was an air gun or a .177 or even a .22, but it fit her perfectly.

She had to stand on a box to shoot and her hearing protectors were about as big as her head. She was so cute you wouldn't believe! And, she was sooooo serious!!! But, they were both having fun.

I had to tell her dad he was such a lucky guy.

I can see you doing the same.

Don't argue with your wife...trust me, it won't work!!! I've got 42 years of experience here and I know of what I speak!

Gradually, work into it. If she had seen this dad and his daughter, she would have melted. Maybe you can take her to the range and show her other fathers and kids shooting. It really was nice. If I can convince my wife and my daughter, maybe I'll get to take my grandkids........

Anyway, good luck. You're gonna need it!!!!!!!!!

New mothers get realllllly protective. Just give her a little time and a whole lot of understanding and patience.

Really, one hell of a whole lot of patience!

Oh yeah. Good luck!