I swear my wife must be blonde!

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by USMC - Retired, Aug 7, 2007.

1. USMC - Retired

USMC - Retired Active Member

Saturday night we got home from working the Tifton Friends of NRA banquet and were dead tired so we hit the sack right away. Sunday we were headed out to Fitzgerald for dinner with the in-laws and my wife can't find her phone anywhere. I even called it from my phone and walked around the house listening for it, no luck. Kept looking for it yesterday as well, no luck. A few minutes ago she called me into the living room to tell me she found it. I began to wonder how she found it since she was sitting there folding laundry :? then it hit me. :shock: She had washed it IN her pants pocket from Saturday night! $200 RAZR down the drain figuritively and literally. Our contract renewal with Verizon aint up till March so we can't even get a free one! :banghead: Anyone got a verizon phone they need to offload?

2. Claire

Claire New Member

RIP poor little phone

even tho your free phone availability isn't up till March
    I'd try giving verizon a call - see if they'll renew the contract earlier (that is IF you planned to renew) they might honor the free phone upgrade if they get you to commit to another contract

3. USMC - Retired

Already tried, they shot that idea down fast. Thanks for the idea though...

4. GeorgiaGlocker

GeorgiaGlocker Romans 1:16

Glock is giving away the exact same Verizon phone you are describing. All you have to do is visit your local gun shop and kiss any Glock frame. :neener:

Gunny, I would give you one if I had one to give.

5. Wiley

Wiley New Member

Check with your HO insurance agent. Also on the next phone I think you may be able to get insuance thru Verizon.

6. tj2000

tj2000 New Member

To kiss a Glock would be like..................

Red Webster: I got married to an ugly woman. Don't ever do that. It just takes the energy right out of you. She left me, though. Found somebody even uglier than she was. That's life. Who can explain it?

For those of you that don't remember this quote is from Roadhouse the movie.
    :boxing:

7. GunNut

GunNut New Member

Well, I hate to do this, but ebay is about the only place that comes to mind. You can usually find a good used one there with no contract. I had to do this once.

8. legacy38

legacy38 Active Member

I bought the insurance with our current phones with Verizon. My wife is pure torture on a cell phone; so, I figured it was worth it.

9. pro2am

pro2am New Member

Yep, me too. You can get a new unlocked RAZR for anywhere from $85-$120. Usually shipped in a day or two. Got my wife one and it was new in the box with accessories, dropped the Cingular SIM chip into it, and everything works fine from there.

10. gsusnake

gsusnake Token Liberal Hippie

Just make sure you get a Verizon phone. They use a different technology than anyone else.

A Cingular phone will work with a T-Mobile SIM and vice versa, along with Alltel, Suncom, and many others, but Verizon uses something different.

11. M249

M249 New Member

VZW is CDMA. Ebay or Craigslist are your best shots.

12. tace

tace New Member

My wife IS blonde and she dropped her VZW Razor phone the other day. Cracked the screen good. Because Verizon uses a completely locked in technology, eBay is the only affordable way. She said she would never get another Razor (or Motorola) phone again. This one has so many other issues and her contract won't expire for at least another year.

BTW, even though they have great coverage and I enjoy the 1MB/s broadband on my SmartPhone, their customer service and phones are disgusting.

13. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

I ran over my Cingular phone a while ago and it worked fine...except for the screen. I'm with Verizon now, but unfortunately don't have any extra phones.

14. GeorgiaGlocker

GeorgiaGlocker Romans 1:16

I have a friend who used that insurance with Verizon and received a refurbished phone. Not a new one as he was lead to believe.

15. GunNut

GunNut New Member

I had insurance on my daughters phone, with Cingular though. Maybe worth it if the phone cost more than $100 or so to replace. You have the monthly fee, which I think was $3.95, plus there was a $50 fee to get the broken one replaced...with a refurbished one. And they told me that I couldn't make another claim for 6 months. Cingulars was thru a 3rd party to make replacement so much easier....

16. HannitizedRushBaby

HannitizedRushBaby New Member

A friend of mine recently switched from Verizon to Cingular/ATT in order to get the iphone. It was cheaper for him to finish paying out that contract... so I'm pretty sure that he still has his old phone. I don't think his contract is quite up with Verizon yet, but it shouldn't be too much longer before it expires. I'll see what's up with that... doesn't hurt to ask, right?!

17. USMC - Retired

HRB,
    That would be greatly appriciated! Just shoot me a PM when you find out. Thanks.

18. HannitizedRushBaby

I thought that his contract was going to end around October/November, but I was wrong. :( Unfortunately, he's got another year left on that Verizon contract. Isn't that just stupid? Nobody is using the dang phone... but it's no use to help anyone else out. Lame...

Sorry about that!!!

19. USMC - Retired

That's alright. Just out of curisoity, wouldn't it be cheaper just to break the contract. I think the penalty is usually just a months service fee...

20. HannitizedRushBaby

Good question... I asked him the same thing. Apparently it was better to keep paying the monthly fee because he and his folks are on the same contract. I don't know all of the details. I mean, it would have been cheaper too just finish out that contract then get an iPhone. But when you are getting an iPhone you aren't really concerned about cheap, are ya?? :shock: