Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Man of Myth and Legend
17,301 Posts
You're probably right. 4th degree assault is bottom of the list in KY assault levels.

Nemo

Fines resulting from fourth degree assault cannot exceed five hundred dollars, and jail time for those found guilty of fourth degree assault cannot exceed one year. Fourth degree assault is a misdemeanor, and it is considered the least serious of assault charges in the state of Kentucky.

·
Registered
8,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In most places, well at one time anyway, minor theft was punished much more severely than assault. I'm all for private property rights. But not more than the right to not be punched by a hit-and-run stranger.

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
29,299 Posts
Tough case.... if not for jury nullification!

A black man attacking a white mayor ( possibly a white Jewish mayor; I don't know for sure but Fisher is historically a Jewish name....)

Could a black person on the jury be convinced that this black man was just fervently protesting against the racist society all around him, and assaulting the mayor was a type of politically motivated speech?

·
Super Moderator
72,237 Posts
Could a black person on the jury be convinced that this black man was just fervently protesting against the racist society all around him, and assaulting the mayor was a type of politically motivated speech?
No, I don't think so.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts