i saw these relics today

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by zookeper, Jan 28, 2011.

1. zookeper

zookeper Active Member

i saw a couple of antiques today, neither of which i had seen before. they belong to a client of mine whose husband passed last year and she's been telling me for sometime that she was going to dig these out for me to see, today was that day. the first was really exciting and with a few minutes of research i found out this: (took pics on my cell phone and haven't been able to retrieve them yet but it looks just like this and the finish is almost 100% with no wear or rust.

Polish viz 35 9mm.

[​IMG]
    this gun feels great and i can't wait to try it out

the second was a really odd .22 revolver that is about 1/2 the size of a j-frame
    found out it is not all that great even though it has "germany" stamped on the barrel, apparently they weren't made with quality materials and don't have much value, still an odd gun.

her's was in the same shape as the vis with no rust or wear, here's a picture i found online with plenty of rust:
    [​IMG]

thought it was kinda cool to see unusual guns, i thought i'd share, maybe someone here has one of them.

2. mountainpass

mountainpass Under Scrutiny

Was the brand Rohm on the second gun?

3. zookeper

zookeper Active Member

it said "Omega hs 300" that's all i can remember. i took a cell pic but for some reason (dum mass) can't figure how to sent to album so i can post.

4. mountainpass

Herbert Schmidt

Edit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herbert_Schmidt_Ostheim

5. zookeper

zookeper Active Member

what i read about them seemed to indicate the materials used in these revolvers was not that great and they don't hold up too long with modern high velocity loads, and the value was not anything to get excited about.

6. mountainpass

Yes, plus parts are almost non-existent.

7. zookeper

zookeper Active Member

this lady and i talk about guns from time to time and i have shown her some of yall's holsters (she saw jerry's new kimber pouch today :) ) since she is living alone now she has been more concerned with her safety there and has applied for her gwl and is signed up for a course at the sandy springs range. she was going to take a big framed S&W 38spl she also has for her lessons but i convinced her to also take that 9mm along as well, told her i thought that would be the one she would enjoy shooting the most. i will go with her soon because i'm anxious to shoot it myself.