Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't intend to, but I ended up OCing in the Covington Pizza Hut this evening. I ordered carry-out online, and just planned on using the drive-thru. So, I stuck my Galco Triton IWB holster with my Sig P229 in it into my waistband and headed out the door without any kind of cover garment.

When I got there, the placed was slammed, with a least three vehicles already pulled over waiting on their carry-out orders. So, I decided to park and go inside and pick up my order. It was pretty busy inside too, with several people waiting for carry-out orders there also.

I only noticed one woman glance down and then look away quickly as she walked by. Other than that, I didn't see any overt reactions, and no one said anything one way or the other during the five to eight minutes I was in there.

I don't know if this was a factor or not, but I was still wearing my slacks, dress shirt, and tie from work that day. And, I tried to keep my right arm at my side covering the gun (at the 3:00 position).

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts
Seems fairly normal for Covington. I've openly carried all around the town for years. Nobody bats an eye most of the time. Have gotten into some great conversations with good people, though. :) :righton:

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
As a pizza lover, the important question here is why do you eat Pizza Hut.

It's so greasy! But so good.

Also. P229? How do you like it? Looking into future Sig purchases.

·
Registered
194 Posts
The Pizza Hut here in Murphy, NC is posted "No Firearms"... I like Pizza Hut, but won't buy it here...

Allan

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
I have OC at Pizza Hut a few times. More than I care to admit...

Anyways. Have had no issues. Maybe the franchise owners have differing views in that particular NC restaurant? Or is there a sign I missed at mine?

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Do you not normally open carry? I open carry all the time in a right side belt holster.

And, I tried to keep my right arm at my side covering the gun (at the 3:00 position).
Why? When out and about with people around you the 2 o'clock position is preferable for me. Less chance of a grabber or someone trying to play with the grip "is that real?!"

·
Registered
194 Posts
Uh oh! I never noticed a sign in Murphy. I got to start paying more attention in NC.
Depends on which door you use... One is marked the other is not...

Allan

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Do you not normally open carry?
No, it's mostly CC. And, when I do OC, I use a holster that has a level 2 retention, to discourage/thwart curious fingers. That's the main reason I tried to keep my arm down at my side - the Galco Triton holster just uses friction retention.

·
GPDO Supporter
3,508 Posts
mmmmm, pizza hut - thin crust pepperoni lovers - mmmmmmm

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts
As a pizza lover, the important question here is why do you eat Pizza Hut.

It's so greasy! But so good.

Also. P229? How do you like it? Looking into future Sig purchases.
I've owned one for years, shot it tons, great firearm. The P229. I would try and find an older one, Sig Certified, and approved, I believe mine came in the box with a blue paper ribbon around it. The older ones might just be one of the best semi-autos every made. Could definitely use a better trigger, but all things considered, the firearm is a workhorse. It is also not light.

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts
When in a crowded, busy place, I like to keep my arm over the firearm, even OWB openly carrying in retention, and also, IWB no retention, but the handle is showing. I do that as well. Keep your head and other sense on a swivel as well. No telling when some dummy is going to come up and touch it.

I had a young boy touch it at a friends house. Luckily, I reacted extremely quickly and covered it before he could have done anything else. Just told him not to be touching it, and his father concurred. Problem solved.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
I've owned one for years, shot it tons, great firearm. The P229. I would try and find an older one, Sig Certified, and approved, I believe mine came in the box with a blue paper ribbon around it. The older ones might just be one of the best semi-autos every made. Could definitely use a better trigger, but all things considered, the firearm is a workhorse. It is also not light.
Ah yes. I am aware of the hefty weight. My P250 is on the heavy side as well. It's one of the the traits I like about it :D

And I agree. I also cover my firearm with my arm when in a crowded area. Just in case.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts