I need to go to the range now.

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Adam5, Jul 18, 2007.

1. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

I guess I need to go to the range now. The rubber coated 6x32 scope for my AR came n today and need to zero it. It's a leapers with red and green illuminated mil-dot.

Where can I get a good deal locally on .223 ammo?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. GrimJack

GrimJack Active Member

After shooting my last 8 boxes of Wolf .223 I will not be buying any more. One round had the primer inserted sideways (discovered that at the 6/16 event) and after shooting about 100 rounds last weekend my Bushmaster started to jam and at about 130 rounds it FTF on about every round. I am sticking to brass ammo that is reasonably clean. I have been picking up boxes of Remington .223 FMJ at wallyworld for a little under $6 a box. I also am putting a few mags Hornady TAP in the safe in case the zombies come knocking.

3. USMC - Retired

USMC - Retired Active Member

That has to be the stupidest thing I've ever read!

Everyone knows zombies dont knock! :roll:

4. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

:rotfl:

5. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Yea, definitely a negative on the Wolf. I've got wolf for the AK, wwb for the g23, and hornady tap for g23 sd ammo.

6. GrimJack

GrimJack Active Member

I still use Wolf or other ammon in my AK and SKS and those seem to work fine (almost like they were designed to shoot that crap). I use quite a bit of the Remington UMC ammo for practice as I usually get a really good deal at Dick's. I am not a big fan of the WWB, seems to be a bit dirty. I like CorBon DPX or Hornday TAP for my defensive pistol ammo and have the TAP for my AR.

7. Mighty Hd

Mighty Hd New Member

That's a nice looking scope, how bout some specs?

8. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

Here are some more info on it. It's nithing special, but it meets my plinking needs.

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/productview?saleitemid=949492&t=11082005

6X32 Mini Size Rubber Armored
    Mil-Dot Illuminated Scope

Model:SCP-632MDL3R

Magnification: 6X

Tube Dia.:25 mm

Objective Dia.:32 mm

Field of View @100 yards: 21 .3’

Eye Relief: 3.0"

Exit Pupil: 4.5mm

Click [email protected] yards: 1/4â€

Length: 8.6"

Weight: 13.6 oz

Parallax Setting: 100 yds

Batteries: CR1620 3V Lithium

9. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Yea, like it was made for the AK :lol:

I haven't really noticed WWB being all that dirty. I clean the g23 after every range trip. Of course, I haven't shot another brand of ammo to compare. I've got enough wwb to last for a little while, though.

10. gsusnake

gsusnake Token Liberal Hippie

I like the Remington UMC JHP stuff at Walmart. A little bit more than WWB but cleaner, and just as fun to shoot.

11. GrimJack

GrimJack Active Member

I buy quite a bit of the Remington UMC at Dick's when it is on sale. Seems to be very clean. I don't like Remingtons .22 ammo, several duds, the rounds are loose in the case, etc. Federal is much better for .22.

12. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

I've got lots of WWB and blazer right now (mostly wwb). If I see a good deal on something, I'll probably get it.