Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess I need to go to the range now. The rubber coated 6x32 scope for my AR came n today and need to zero it. It's a leapers with red and green illuminated mil-dot.

Where can I get a good deal locally on .223 ammo?

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
After shooting my last 8 boxes of Wolf .223 I will not be buying any more. One round had the primer inserted sideways (discovered that at the 6/16 event) and after shooting about 100 rounds last weekend my Bushmaster started to jam and at about 130 rounds it FTF on about every round. I am sticking to brass ammo that is reasonably clean. I have been picking up boxes of Remington .223 FMJ at wallyworld for a little under $6 a box. I also am putting a few mags Hornady TAP in the safe in case the zombies come knocking.

·
Registered
5,215 Posts
TonyG said:
I also am putting a few mags Hornady TAP in the safe in case the zombies come knocking.
That has to be the stupidest thing I've ever read!

Everyone knows zombies dont knock! :roll:

·
Registered
8,809 Posts
TonyG said:
After shooting my last 8 boxes of Wolf .223 I will not be buying any more. One round had the primer inserted sideways (discovered that at the 6/16 event) and after shooting about 100 rounds last weekend my Bushmaster started to jam and at about 130 rounds it FTF on about every round. I am sticking to brass ammo that is reasonably clean. I have been picking up boxes of Remington .223 FMJ at wallyworld for a little under $6 a box. I also am putting a few mags Hornady TAP in the safe in case the zombies come knocking.
Yea, definitely a negative on the Wolf. I've got wolf for the AK, wwb for the g23, and hornady tap for g23 sd ammo.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
ptsmith24 said:
TonyG said:
Yea, definitely a negative on the Wolf. I've got wolf for the AK, wwb for the g23, and hornady tap for g23 sd ammo.
I still use Wolf or other ammon in my AK and SKS and those seem to work fine (almost like they were designed to shoot that crap). I use quite a bit of the Remington UMC ammo for practice as I usually get a really good deal at Dick's. I am not a big fan of the WWB, seems to be a bit dirty. I like CorBon DPX or Hornday TAP for my defensive pistol ammo and have the TAP for my AR.

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here are some more info on it. It's nithing special, but it meets my plinking needs.

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/productview?saleitemid=949492&t=11082005

6X32 Mini Size Rubber Armored
Mil-Dot Illuminated Scope

Model:SCP-632MDL3R

Magnification: 6X

Tube Dia.:25 mm

Objective Dia.:32 mm

Field of View @100 yards: 21 .3’

Eye Relief: 3.0"

Exit Pupil: 4.5mm

Click [email protected] yards: 1/4â€

Length: 8.6"

Weight: 13.6 oz

Parallax Setting: 100 yds

Batteries: CR1620 3V Lithium

·
Registered
8,809 Posts
TonyG said:
ptsmith24 said:
TonyG said:
I still use Wolf or other ammon in my AK and SKS and those seem to work fine (almost like they were designed to shoot that crap). I use quite a bit of the Remington UMC ammo for practice as I usually get a really good deal at Dick's. I am not a big fan of the WWB, seems to be a bit dirty. I like CorBon DPX or Hornday TAP for my defensive pistol ammo and have the TAP for my AR.
Yea, like it was made for the AK :lol:

I haven't really noticed WWB being all that dirty. I clean the g23 after every range trip. Of course, I haven't shot another brand of ammo to compare. I've got enough wwb to last for a little while, though.

·
Token Liberal Hippie
13,680 Posts
ptsmith24 said:
TonyG said:
ptsmith24 said:
TonyG said:

I haven't really noticed WWB being all that dirty. I clean the g23 after every range trip. Of course, I haven't shot another brand of ammo to compare. I've got enough wwb to last for a little while, though.
I like the Remington UMC JHP stuff at Walmart. A little bit more than WWB but cleaner, and just as fun to shoot.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
gsusnake said:
ptsmith24 said:
TonyG said:
ptsmith24 said:
TonyG said:

I like the Remington UMC JHP stuff at Walmart. A little bit more than WWB but cleaner, and just as fun to shoot.
I buy quite a bit of the Remington UMC at Dick's when it is on sale. Seems to be very clean. I don't like Remingtons .22 ammo, several duds, the rounds are loose in the case, etc. Federal is much better for .22.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts