I need some computer help... please......!

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by Macktee, Mar 23, 2007.

1. Macktee

Macktee New Member

Another site I check every day is a woodworking forum. This year, there's a contest for best woodworking pieces which is to be judged based on e-mailed photographs.

Deadline is tomorrow!!!

I've completed my project and taken the pics. Here's the problem. The rules stipulate no more than five photos and the photos must be "... pictures need to be sized to no more than 700 pixels in the largest dimension ..."

The camera refused to work on the lower pixel setting and took the pics using a gozillion pixels in each direction.

I have three (count 'em - THREE) photo software packages on my computer and can't get any one of them to work.

Camedia, came with camera, can't find the pics, which I had to load using the printer as I've apparently lost the cable I need to load off the camera.

HP Photo, came with five-in-one printer won't resize them.

Photoshop won't recognize my e-mail.

I've got to e-mail these pics by midnight tomorrow and I'm stumped. Any help, or helpful suggestions, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

2. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

I'll help.

By 700px do you mean 700x700px? Or are you talking about resolution?

Either way, email the pictures to me and I'll fix them for you.

I'll PM you my email.

3. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

When all else fails, you may be able to use Windows Paint. Resize has always worked fine for me. When saving a .bmp as a .jpg file though, the quality hasn't been all that great for me.