i need a new powder scale! HELP

Discussion in 'Ammo' started by ZTC, Sep 27, 2010.

1. ZTC

ZTC Member

Last night I finally had enough of the Lee $20 powder scale I had I got kinda angry with it, so now I GOT to get a new one. Looking for suggestions on one that is accurate and cheap. The only thing I didn't like about the one I had is it was SLOW and it would stick alittle. Any help is greatly appreciated!

2. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

About one-third of the convenience stores I've been in openly sell digital electronic scales.
    Of course they're selling them to drug dealers and addicts, but I suppose they'll work for other substances too.

3. zetor

zetor Well-Known Member

I have a lyman M5.It is no longer in production, but is virtually identical to the RCBS 1010 (a 150.00 balance scale)
    Both were manufactured by Ohaus.....RCBS still is.
    I've seen several Lyman M5's on ebay. They are a very robust quality scale.

RCBS

[​IMG]

Lyman

[​IMG]

4. ZTC

ZTC Member

Any suggestions on a digital scale?

5. GODEVIL

GODEVIL New Member

6. JiG

JiG Awaiting censure

If he's got the coin, it is a dream.

From what I understand, no matter the badging, all the name brand scales are made by PACT. Lyman, RCBS, etc.... all the same manufacturer.

Don't get a no-name brand at the convenience store. And be wary of Hornady scales. I already had one of their budget models die on me. Technically, the scale was still working, but the LCD display wouldn't read correctly.... couldn't tell the difference between a 0 and a 8.

7. Not trying to revive an old thread, but I would like to see if there are any more ideas for a scale.

I've noticed that the Lee scale has mixed reviews, but some of the higher priced Lyman ones have equally bad reviews on Midway. Looks like RCBS 502 is the best one for the price.

Anyone have any digital recommendations, particularly ones less than $80?

Thanks.

8. TAP

TAP New Member

http://www.oldwillknottscales.com/jenni ... s-50x.aspx

Works great. Buy a set of check weights with whatever scale you decide.