I love Jones County!

Discussion in 'GWL News & Information' started by Tinkerhell, Dec 13, 2006.

1. Tinkerhell

Tinkerhell Active Member

The Probate Court secretary was very down to earth, polite, funny & intelligent (& didn't look half bad).

The officers??/guards at the county jail (had to go there to be printed) were a bit slack - had some simple problems with the computer & ended up having to get the sergent to come fix it (just had to re-boot and they couldn't figure it out...) But weere still nice & polite.

But the best part:
    Applied for GFL 11/29/06.
    Recieved in mail 12/12/06.

Just under two weeks. :D

Jones gets an A+ in my book.

2. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

Good to hear.
    I have a couple of questions...
    Where is the probate court at?
    How much did it cost?

3. Tinkerhell

Tinkerhell Active Member

If you know the city of Gray (don't blink or you will miss it) then the courthouse is very easy to find.

It's on the South side of highway 129 & S. Jefferson St (I think that 's the name) about a block West of the train tracks. Very easy to find.

Fill out the paperwork there & then drive about 2 miles to the jail for prints. They will give you directions from the courthouse.

Cost I believe was $35 but I don't have my checkbook right now & can't swear to it.

4. SheriffOconee

SheriffOconee New Member

It is always great to read when things go well.

5. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

Sure it wasn't $39? ($15 and $24)

6. Tinkerhell

Tinkerhell Active Member

Finally remembered to look in my checkbook. $39 to Jones County Probate Court.

7. mzmtg

mzmtg Active Member

Did they require SSN and employment info?

8. Tinkerhell

Tinkerhell Active Member

asked for - yes. And I hadn't really been around this board enough to think about giving them a hard time. :oops:

so I don't know what they would have done if I had refused that info. It was on the fill-in-the-blank questionare the clerk handed me.