Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Tom Cruise shooting clip in your avatar shows that it was special effects and not quickness.

Think about it! When did you ever see the barrel not flip up when shooting a major caliber? Also, the muzzle flash is a bit excessive unless it was cheap slow burning ammo, which I doubt a pro hitman would use.

·
68,657 Posts
tace said:
The Tom Cruise shooting clip in your avatar shows that it was special effects and not quickness.

Think about it! When did you ever see the barrel not flip up when shooting a major caliber? Also, the muzzle flash is a bit excessive unless it was cheap slow burning ammo, which I doubt a pro hitman would use.
You mean before now you thought he was shooting real bullets?

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I guess I didn't pay attention before, figured it was a stunt guy anyway.

·
Registered
5,798 Posts
If you watch closely...you can see on Cruise's last shot it looks like his USP ejects a spent shell.

·
68,657 Posts
What is interesting is "the making of" on the DVD. The actor spent a lot of time on a range with a special instructor and live ammo in preparation for the role, practicing against paper the very moves he executes on the screen, which is why the shooting scenes are convincing.

·
Registered
5,798 Posts
Malum Prohibitum said:
What is interesting is "the making of" on the DVD. The actor spent a lot of time on a range with a special instructor and live ammo in preparation for the role, practicing against paper the very moves he executes on the screen, which is why the shooting scenes are convincing.
That's because Michael Mann demands it. He usually makes really good films.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This gun store owner mentioned to me once that firing a USP without ear protection is not very smart. He was saying they are extra loud. I wouldn't know.

I do like how Tom Cruise's character doesn't seem to be fazed by that though.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Scientology protects his ears.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts