I joined the Sig club !!!

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Adam5, Oct 16, 2007.

1. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

With the sale of my M&P, I have now joined the Sig club. I spoke with a couple that dealers that I have bought from from in the past and trust, about the issues with some of the CPO Sigs lately, and they said that the finish quality issues are NOT wide spread and have been only with a small percentage of CPO models. Taking their advice, I bought this about an hour after selling my M&P.

It's a CPO P226 in 9mm. I paid $509 at Bullseye in L'ville. I could have gotten one for about $489 online, but by the time I paid 3-4% for using a credit card, shipping, and FFL fee, it would have been within a few dollars of supporting a local store/range. Hopefully I will have a chance to run a some rounds through it this weekend. I also need to decide if a call to http://www.southernholsters.com is in order, or if I'll go with Kydex on this one.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. VolGrad

VolGrad Tactical Statistician

Welcome to the club. I ordered my 220 today. Hopefully here by the weekend.

3. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

There was a new (I think) 220 at Mission Essential..It had OD grips...looked pretty neat. It was sitting right next to that FN I was eyeballing 8)

4. RepeatDefender

RepeatDefender New Member

Congrats and Welcome to the club! :D

5. GunNut

GunNut New Member

Which P220 did you end up ordering?

6. Rolan_Kraps

Rolan_Kraps Member

Good Deal! My 239 is a CPO gun and it's fine.

7. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

I need to get the range now. :twisted: Maybe I'll stop at Bullseye after work tomorrow.

8. VolGrad

I ended up with the plain Jane Nitron 220R Carry in DA/SA with NS.

9. phaed

phaed Active Member

good choice! they shoot like a dream.

10. VolGrad

No one ever answered if they had an Elite or other model Sig with a Short Reset Trigger (SRT). That is basically the only reason I even considered the Elite models. In the end I decided it probably wasn't worth all the extra money. I finally handled one yesterday. With just dry firing it, I couldn't tell much difference. I still wonder how much of a difference one would notice actually firing live rounds?

11. Sharky

Sharky Active Member

congrats on your "new" toy. You and your toys....

12. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

I ran about 100 or so rounds through it tonight. It's a sweet shooter and runs like a champ. :D

13. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Awesome :D

14. FireStar

FireStar Guest

Congratulations on your new acquisition! :)

15. gizmo5

gizmo5 New Member

I have the 226 Navy, I LOVE IT!!!! I am sure you will love yours as well! Congrats. 8)