I have a hangun question

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by jason1, Oct 18, 2007.

1. jason1

jason1 New Member

Here is my question, Is there any semiauto handguns that can eat threw body armor.Because I was thinking if a BG was really wanted to steal from you and was armed plus he some how got his hands on surplus body armor could you take him with a handgun.I know a high power rifle will chew threw the armor because body armor was never made to take a rifle round.

Can you list some of the handguns that has the power to do it.

This just came to me because I was reading something about the North Hollywood Bank robbery.

2. gsusnake

gsusnake Token Liberal Hippie

FiveseveN, but you can't get the armor-piercing rounds in production loads. You can buy the bullets but you have to load them yourself.

3. jason1

jason1 New Member

I wasn't wanting to use armor-piercing rounds,I want to know what kind of semi-auto handguns that have the knockdown power of a high power rifle like a AK47 or almost the knockdown power.

I wanted a handgun that could shoot a low grain ammo to high grain ammo and still punch threw body armor.I have a 454 Ruger Redhawk and I'm not really sure it would do the job If say I was carrying in a bank or a stop and rob like gas stations and a BG had some body armor on what high power handgun would you carry.

I know this might be stupid to ask but I deal in low caliber handguns and the only high power is the big :censored: 454 which you can see a mile a way it prints bad I'm looking for 5or4 inch barrel handgun.

4. gsusnake

When you said "chew through the body armor" I assumed you meant armor-piercing. My mistake.

My take on this is... bullet size is nowhere near as important as shot placement.

5. ThetaReactor

ThetaReactor Active Member

10mm is about as nasty as you get in a concealable semi-auto.

6. USMC - Retired

USMC - Retired Active Member

This is why it's important to practice Mozambique drills. The two center mass shots will pause them just long enough to get a nice head shot. No body armor on the face...

7. Sharky

Sharky New Member

+1

8. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

For lighter body armor (NIJ Class I, II, and maybe IIIa), the CZ-52's 7.62x25 bullet should be able to penetrate.

9. dwalker

dwalker New Member

+2 for the head shot! Just carry something you are very confident shooting.

10. M249

M249 New Member

I would imagine a few slugs center mass will crack a rib or two and make said criminal change his intent very quickly.

If you're actually worried about running into a BPV wearing bad guy, I recommend you just wear a trench coat and conceal an AR15 loaded up with M855. 8)

ETA: If they're planning an N. Hollywood style robbery, you will not want a hand gun... you'll want an RPG.

11. gsusnake

I want one of those anyway, even though I'm not expecting a robbery.

SAY 'ELLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEN!

12. jason1

jason1 New Member

I know whats on my shopping list for next year the FiveSeven

Thats funny, One of my friends would say the same thing
    :uzi: :rotfl2: :rotfl:

But really USMC I know the importance of shot placement and I train every time by shooting head shots.But lets say you just really had no way to do a head shot and had to do a body shot then I would like to have the right firepower.Like my dad has always told me if you going to do something then have the right tools to do it with even with firearms. :wink:

Budder I have heard about the CZ-52 being able to do that, but I was
    wanting to find a handgun that would go threw the high grade stuff.
    P.S do you have a CZ-52 and can I please fire it please. I can't help myself I love C&R firearms its a hobby. :lol:

Gsusnake thanks I was trying to remember what was the name of the FN someone at bulleye let me shoot one day.Now I know what it was, the FiveSeven it looks like it was shooting 223 ammo.

I want one bad :cry:

13. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Re: I know whats on my shopping list for next year the FiveS

Yea, that ammo isn't cheap. Aren't they stopping production of them, too?

14. Jmark

Jmark Active Member

Yup, CZ-52 is the way to go with a handgun.

15. kestak

kestak New Member

Greetings,

Check the box o truth, I think the guy made a test with different handguns and penetration factor. He calls the CZ-52 "the penetrator".

I would believe if you use the current surplus ammo beeing sold by aimsurplus (about 1200 rounds for 119$) that is quite hot (I think it was built for sub-machine guns) it would go through the standard police issued vests but not the army vest with a ceramic plate.

One thing; If you miss your shot, that bullet will go through many walls and it may be an issue to others safety. I am with our Sir (USMC, sorry, I can't not call a USM not sir, every movie I watched, they were nasty...hehehehe) that mozambique with a good defense ammo would be the best solution.

Thank you

16. gsusnake

Why does everyone give Gunny credit for the Mozambique thing?

I said it three or four posts before him. "My take on this is... bullet size is nowhere near as important as shot placement." meaning that even a puny little .22 or .32 is still gonna hurt, if I put it through your head or your nether regions.

*pouts*

17. USMC - Retired

USMC - Retired Active Member

Someone get snake a tissue...

Heck even his avatar is crying! :rotfl2:

18. gsusnake

That's sweat.

*wipes a tear away*

19. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

No CZ-52 here :(