Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was shooting 90mm clay pidgins at 300 yards with one of my 16" AR's with a 1x3 Leupold CQT MK4. We had a little bit of wind to deal with and it took me a few rounds to figure my hold over. After that it was bye bye birdie.

One of my buddies was shooting his 300 Win Mag with a whole lot more effectiveness. But then again he is also a professional hunter for the US Army. God bless our snipers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,352 Posts
Sounds fun :righton: :righton:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,149 Posts
This shooting beyond 100 yds baffles me.
Even with glasses, I don't think I can see that far.
 

·
Swollen Member
Joined
·
11,969 Posts
cdtracing said:
Pickens County Sportsman Club.
PCSC? ARGHH! They kicked me out for my refusal to renew my NRA membership. I had been a member there since '96, which, unfortunately, means I was an NRA member for 14 years.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I feel the same way about the nra. I just feel that is a small price to pay to have a nice place to shoot without a bunch of dumbasses or large crowds of people.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
310 Posts
JMOfartO:

Respectfully, I think, as I believer in the 2nd Amendment, being a member of the NRA is a logical thing...

Not saying everything they do is correct, or what I would like, but overall, in my experience the NRA has done far more for our rights as gun owners than any other organization in the United States.

I can guarantee you the "anti'gunners" consider the NRA as the "900lb Gorilla in the room" when it comes to the rights of American gun owners, and they'd love to see NRA influence decline..

And if you pay attention come "election time", the power of the NRA to influence individual politicians is obvious..

Sarah Brady and her cronies are always whining about how the nasy "NRA lobby" has such an influence on voters and individual politicians stand on gun rights and gun control.

For me personally, and I'm an old fart living on fixed income, the price of admission to be a member of the NRA, whether or not I agree with all they do, is more than reasonable.

I'm sure most of us will spend $35.00 on a meal and never give it a 2nd thought, and once that meal is digested and voided that $35.00 is long gone.

The $35.00 you spend on a years membership to the NRA keeps on giving you value for your donation all year long.

I wish the NRA wouldn't continually send me crap seemingly on a constant basis, but I put up with it because I think the NRA does good FOR me as a gun owner overall..

No offense to those who chose not to be a member of the NRA, it's an individual choice, but it's a choice this old man, with very little money, chooses to make, and support.

Best Wishes,

Jesse
 

·
Swollen Member
Joined
·
11,969 Posts
PX said:
JMOfartO:
Respectfully, I think, as I believer in the 2nd Amendment, being a member of the NRA is a logical thing...
Supporting an organization that has opposed multiple pro gun bills is not logical. Please click the NRA logo in my sig line.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
310 Posts
Mrs_Esterhouse said:
PX said:
JMOfartO:
Respectfully, I think, as I believer in the 2nd Amendment, being a member of the NRA is a logical thing...
Supporting an organization that has opposed multiple pro gun bills is not logical. Please click the NRA logo in my sig line.
Mrs Es:

Respectfully (darn I sound like a broken record),

IMO...

Supporting an organization that has SUPPORTED many, many more pro gun bills over the DECADES than it has opposed is absolutely logical.

Not supporting the NRA because it has opposed some gun bills that you would have had them support is like "throwing out the baby with the dishwater"..

But, I'm too old to argue online with a person who has his/her own reason(s) for disagreeing with my opinion, so if it's ok with you, let's just "agree to disagree".

Best Wishes to You,

Jesse
 

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
Joined
·
28,700 Posts
If the NRA provides for the funding to build or improve a shooting range...
If the NRA provides for the necessary insurance coverage to run a shooting range...
THEN (and only then, in my opinion) is it fair to make NRA membership a condition of joining that range as a member.

In the big picture, there is more to guns, shooting, and the Second Amendment than the fairly narrow issue of carrying handguns in public on a daily basis.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
16,485 Posts
gunsmoker said:
If the NRA provides for the funding to build or improve a shooting range...
If the NRA provides for the necessary insurance coverage to run a shooting range...
THEN (and only then, in my opinion) is it fair to make NRA membership a condition of joining that range as a member.

In the big picture, there is more to guns, shooting, and the Second Amendment than the fairly narrow issue of carrying handguns in public on a daily basis.
They offer some kickbacks (the word my local range used) to ranges that require membership.
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top