Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Uttered by a Korean grandma in walmart parking lot to my back after I walked by her and her grandson.

Grandson gives me a nasty sideways glance and after I walk past she says "I get nervous any time I see a person WITH A GUN!".

Her high-pitched asian squeaky voice got louder and louder as she finished her sentence.

LOL.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
My Chinese immigrant girlfriend and her older parents meanwhile have had no objections to my openly carried firearm, even around their children.

In fact I've been the sole source of firearm education for the kids and the adults of their family.

Different strokes, different folks.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Uttered by a Korean grandma in walmart parking lot to my back after I walked by her and her grandson.

Grandson gives me a nasty sideways glance and after I walk past she says "I get nervous any time I see a person WITH A GUN!".

Her high-pitched asian squeaky voice got louder and louder as she finished her sentence.

LOL.
LOL. I always wonder about people who will say things like that, seemingly directed at the very person that makes them so nervous. If I make you that nervous, why would you say something that might provoke me, since you must think I'm so unstable? :screwy:

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Exactly. I didnt even turn around just kept walking. Any type of confrontation would likely result in her saying "he threateed me" I would guess. Best just to let it roll off like water off a duck's back.

·
American
3,289 Posts
Exactly. I didnt even turn around just kept walking. Any type of confrontation would likely result in her saying "he threateed me" I would guess. Best just to let it roll off like water off a duck's back.
Good call!

·
Proud GCO member.
7,960 Posts
LOL. I always wonder about people who will say things like that, seemingly directed at the very person that makes them so nervous. If I make you that nervous, why would you say something that might provoke me, since you must think I'm so unstable? :screwy:
Nothing to wonder. It's straight up BS. They know "because I just don't like it and I want to control you" won't get much traction. So suddenly they become "afraid" or concerned about safety.

·
Registered
421 Posts

LOL.
Really? I bet you weren't nervous if you saw me with a gun in your home country.

·
Token Liberal Hippie
13,680 Posts
I get nervous when I see somebody with a gun, too.

Do you know what your chances are of getting shot by a cop?

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,905 Posts
I would have said where she could hear it: "North Korea makes me nervous. Thank goodness for Americans with guns."

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Just out of curiosity, what did her being Korean have to do with anything? And an "Asian squeaky voice"? Is that different from an East Snobb Tennis Mom squeaky voice?

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Just out of curiosity, what did her being Korean have to do with anything? And an "Asian squeaky voice"? Is that different from an East Snobb Tennis Mom squeaky voice?
Snobb Tennis Mom squeaky voice is arguably more annoying.

Asian squeaky voice is kind of funny in my experience. Enough that I intentionally try to provoke it.

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,905 Posts
Not to pick on that poor little old Korean lady as an individual.

But the situation does bring to mind that the vast majority of foreigners immigrating to our country, whether lawfully or unlawfully hold views that are hostile to our Second Amendment.

And when they obtain citizenship, they vote for politicians that are more than happy to erode our liberty.

I say we shut the door so that only a few squeak by into our country. And keep the door shut for at least 25 years, a generation - to see if future immigrants will better respect our love of freedom.

·
American
3,289 Posts
Yes, it's decidedly more pleasant.

·
Registered
14,956 Posts
Not to pick on that poor little old Korean lady as an individual.

But the situation does bring to mind that the vast majority of foreigners immigrating to our country, whether lawfully or unlawfully hold views that are hostile to our Second Amendment.

And when they obtain citizenship, they vote for politicians that are more than happy to erode our liberty.

I say we shut the door so that only a few squeak by into our country. And keep the door shut for at least 25 years, a generation - to see if future immigrants will better respect our love of freedom.
Well, you're certainly not being tolerant, inclusive and diverse with that attitude. But I'll be more than willing to help you shut the door. :lol:

·
Liver Abuser
1,057 Posts
I get nervous when I see somebody with a gun, too.

Do you know what your chances are of getting shot by a cop?
1,910 LEO involved shootings in 2016. An estimates 25,000,000 citizen contacts by police the same year. Do the math.

·
Proud GCO member.
7,960 Posts
Because it's bull****.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.