I didn't know Glock had a single stack

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by tace, Aug 13, 2007.

1. tace

tace New Member

Just saw the info on Glock 36. Surprised that I never heard about a single stack .45 ACP Glock.

2. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

I believe all the regular capacity magazines (10 for the G23, I know) were single stack? Hi caps are double. Although I don't have an 10 rounders, I wouldn't mind getting some of them. Loaded magazines are better than no magazines.

3. Ashe

Ashe New Member

As far as I know All Glock Magazines except for the .45 ACP Mags are double-stack, I used to have 2 10 rounders for my G23, Unless somehow I got mutant mags, my 10 round G23 mags had a block on the bottom of the follower to prevent all the roundss from loading.

4. ber950

ber950 Active Member

Yea its single stack. Despite what Glock says its not slim. Glock hasn't figuired out how to do slim yet. Not sure they ever will.

5. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

You just edited your post..I was about to ask you how they fit correctly and were still double stack. I based my post on pictures I've seen. I must have mixed them up or something.

6. Ashe

Ashe New Member

yeah I realized after I posted that I should explain what I meant because not everyone has seen the magazines.

7. GeorgiaGlocker

GeorgiaGlocker Romans 1:16

I have a 23 and my mags are double stacked and hold 13 rounds.

8. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Me too, but there are 10 rounders for it.

9. GeorgiaGlocker

I don't mess with them.

10. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

I don't have any, but I'm sure I'd buy them. Like I said earlier in this thread, loaded magazines are better than no magazines.

11. oldguns

oldguns New Member

I've had a Glock 36 for about 2 weeks and really like it. Hides out real well in a CTAC and I even carried in a Fobus Saturday under an untucked shirt with no problems. Recoil is less than expected and it's resonably accurate.
    Not that I'm a die hard Glock fan. I like 1911's and S&W revolvers. It's just that the 36 is a real practical carry gun and I'd rather sweat on it than my Gold Cup. :wink:

12. tace

tace New Member

OK, someone explain me this. If they can make a single stack .45 ACP that holds 6 rounds, can't they pretty much use the same design to build a 9mm that holds something like 7 rounds?

Obviously I know there is more engineering that goes into it but I would imagine they can handle a smaller round easier than a bigger one.

Its not lilke they had to do drastic reengineering from one caliber Glock to another.

13. ber950

ber950 Active Member

Of course they can but the G36 is not slim. Its almost as wide as the Full size 45. They made G19's with ten round mags. They were single column too. Its easy to make a mag hold less rounds its hard to turn a block into a work of art.

Glocks have a lot of things going for them. Pretty and fit your hand well are not on that list.

14. GeorgiaGlocker

I agree. But I'll go for 13 over 10 any day of the week. :)

15. legacy38

legacy38 Active Member

The G36 is the only single-stack currently offered by Glock. The 10-rounder Clinton-mags for all of the other models are still double-stacks.

16. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

"If you can't hit what you need to hit with 10 rounds, you need to go to the range more". :lol:

Yea, I see what you're saying. Zombies know no mag cap limits. 8)

17. ber950

ber950 Active Member

The ten round mags for the 17 & 19 are pictured left to right. That looks single stack to me.

http://glockmeister.com/mags.shtml

18. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

They aren't. My Hk mags only have the little viewing holes on one side. Plus...if it were a single stack...wouldn't those holes be in the middle?

19. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

I see what you're saying. So, what's the point of having the holes on one side vs. both? Maybe the holes are odd-numbered or something; The picture isn't clear enough to distinguish. Plus, why would it matter where the holes are (middle, left, right)? You could still know if there was a round in that position or not.

20. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member