I could use your opinions

Discussion in 'Ga. County Licensing Information' started by shamalama, Oct 19, 2007.

1. shamalama

shamalama New Member

The whole issue of counties taking practically as long as they please to issue a GFL has gotten under my skin.

I have written a letter that I intend to send to all my state Senators and Representatives, and to my local Probate Court.

But before I do I'll post the current "working copy" here for your opinions, word-smithing, grammar-checking, etc.

http://www.commonfolkusingcommonsense.com/files/gfl.pdf

2. USMC - Retired

USMC - Retired Active Member

You can add in Lee County with 93 days from application to issue.

3. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

While it's my inderstanding that they have improved, I applied for mine in Forsyth Co on 11/30/05. It was issued on 3/28/06, four months later.

4. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

You can add Coweta County at 125 days (see the Moore v. Cranford case on the Gun Laws link, then go to the Case Law page).

Good letter, though. Thank you for asking them to support HB 850.

5. Taler

Taler New Member

Good letter.

6. shamalama

shamalama New Member

With this specific letter I'm not including any times GREATER than 81 days. I'm implying that Rockdale County is the WORST at issuing the GFL, hoping to SHAME them into acting. If they feel they're just "one of the pack" then I hold no hope of anything improving.

By the way, a co-worker of my wife in Newton County just got her first GFL ... IN 7 DAYS!

7. Pede

Pede New Member

Georgia County Lincensing

It the problem just with initial issue of a license or are there also delays in issuing renewals?

8. chuckw

chuckw Member

Senator Douglas is on our side. This is a partial quote from earlier correspondence I had with him "I will never deny someone the chance to protect themself or their family."

9. SigP229

SigP229 Active Member

Good letter. Nice touch with the HB850.

10. Malum Prohibitum

Then you leave the Senator with the impression that HB 850 is not all that pressing . . .

It is your letter, but it certainly has more impact if he knew that people wanting to exercise their "right" to bear arms were waiting a year, as several people here have reported, when another county manages to issue in 7 days.

Shame? They have none over this.

11. shamalama

shamalama New Member

Drats and Curses upon you for your logic.

Instead of embarrassing Rockdale County to some legislators maybe my labors would be more fruitful if I exposed the entire Probate system in the state to many legislators.

I do wonder how many of our Elected Eliteâ„¢, or even what percentage, have actually had to wait more than 60 or 90 days to be "allowed" to exercise a supposed God-granted right that is "protected" by the US Constitution?

Do any of those within those Hallowed Hallsâ„¢ in Atlanta even have to worry about day-to-day safety and comfort, or how many of our taxpayer-funded State Troopers spend 24/7 following and "checking the 6" of our Elected Eliteâ„¢ in order to relieve them of the "irrational fears" we of the great unwashed have to withstand?

King James II of England was openly Roman Catholic, at a time of sharp political distrust between England’s Protestants and Catholics. He disarmed the Protestant militia of Ireland by seizing their arms and placing them in government magazines, while returning the arms of Ireland’s Roman Catholics. In England, he continued to use the militia to disarm persons of questioned loyalties, including through strictly enforcing the Game Act, although he ultimately preferred to undermine the militia (whose loyalty he questioned), by restricting musters. He also accelerated and expanded his brother’s policy of purging opponents, and Protestants in general, from the militia’s and army’s officer corps, and geometrically enlarged the standing army. How many similarities are there between King James' court of then and Georgia's General Assembly of today?

Sorry for wasting bandwidth with my ranting. I've been reading up on the history of the Second Amendment all week, and it has astonished me how disarmed we "mere" citizens have become in a very short time-frame (primarily since the 1950s). It's not just that Thomas Jefferson would be rolling in his grave, but also 90% of all elected US officials since 1776.

I have been considering going beyond just daily CCW to purchasing an Evil Black Rifleâ„¢ in November 2008 if the MoveOn Democrats take the federal government, a precursor to the SHTF, but maybe the time to start establishing my armory is TODAY since the Limp Wristed Republicans are little more encouraging.

(... reaching for more blood pressure medicine ...)

12. Wiley

Wiley Guest

Not to increase your pharmacy bill but, do you understand the the Georgia Supreme Court has held that the Second Amendment of the US Constitution does not apply to Georgia? That the US Supeme Court currently does not hold that the 14th Amendment incorporates the Second as applying to any US citizen? And about half the US Congress, many in the Executive Branch, maybe four of the US Supreme Court Justices and, close fifty percent of the Georgia General Assembly are quite happy about that?

13. fallison

fallison Guest

fixed it for you. (until Heller is accepted and decided, we don't know for sure but I figure four is a safe minimum.)

14. Malum Prohibitum

Don't believe Mr. Wiley?

Read this.

Oh, and this. (ever hear of the Colifax Massacre?)

:evil: