I celebrated my independance by OC'ing most of the day

Discussion in 'General GWL Questions' started by bags, Jul 5, 2007.

1. bags

bags New Member

I carry a full size 1911 in an IWB holster. I normally do not tuck in my t'shirts, but today I decided to try and slightly OC to see what sort of reactions I got. I just tucked in my t-shirt and my 1911 hand grip was 90% exposed.

I went to blockbuster and it was not crowded and I don't think 1 person saw it. I went the publix I nomrally shop at, in an area where the average house price starts at $300k (north east cobb). It was PACKED. I filled a grocery cart up going up and down every isle, like I normally do. I got a few 2nd and 3rd glances and some parents pulled thier kids to 1 side of the isle, but nothing was said to me nor did I get any rude looks. Some sort of manager was walking down an isle and gave me several looks, but after a pleansent hello exchange all seemed well. And while I was in line, the cash register did not stare and the lady behind me was asking questions about fireworks shows. (I am guessing she thought I was a LEO and knew what shows were not cancelled) I did not have a bag boy so I started bagging myself, which I have done before and the same manager guy came over and bagged for me, which has also happened before. It was a pleasent experience and I have CCW'd almost 100% of the time I have been their before and I will most likely CCW their more often than not, but I thought I would share.

I have a "military/leo" look from what I have been told, so that may have helped my experience. But, IMHO, I think the fact that I was actually shopping and acted like it was no big deal and I smile and nod at strangers most of the time anyway, may have put some people at ease.

Anywho, hope everyone had a good 4th.

2. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Big plus one!

3. merlock

merlock New Member

+1
    As noted elsewhere, most sheeple just don't notice; and in my experience, those that do just don't seem to care. :)

4. wsweeks2

wsweeks2 New Member

You beat me to it.

5. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

I joke about this, but I have never had it actually happen . . .

6. mzmtg

mzmtg Active Member

Parents do that all the time when they see bags coming, open carry or not. :lol:

7. wsweeks2

wsweeks2 New Member

:lol:

8. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Me either. I guess like wsweeks2, I've had so many positive experiences with open carrying, that I am sorta waiting for the shoe to drop and something bad to happen.

I feel that I'm prepared enough with the code citations in my head, but....we'll see.

9. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

Well, it might if he was mentally unstable and a little kid running into him set him off...