Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I carry a full size 1911 in an IWB holster. I normally do not tuck in my t'shirts, but today I decided to try and slightly OC to see what sort of reactions I got. I just tucked in my t-shirt and my 1911 hand grip was 90% exposed.

I went to blockbuster and it was not crowded and I don't think 1 person saw it. I went the publix I nomrally shop at, in an area where the average house price starts at $300k (north east cobb). It was PACKED. I filled a grocery cart up going up and down every isle, like I normally do. I got a few 2nd and 3rd glances and some parents pulled thier kids to 1 side of the isle, but nothing was said to me nor did I get any rude looks. Some sort of manager was walking down an isle and gave me several looks, but after a pleansent hello exchange all seemed well. And while I was in line, the cash register did not stare and the lady behind me was asking questions about fireworks shows. (I am guessing she thought I was a LEO and knew what shows were not cancelled) I did not have a bag boy so I started bagging myself, which I have done before and the same manager guy came over and bagged for me, which has also happened before. It was a pleasent experience and I have CCW'd almost 100% of the time I have been their before and I will most likely CCW their more often than not, but I thought I would share.

I have a "military/leo" look from what I have been told, so that may have helped my experience. But, IMHO, I think the fact that I was actually shopping and acted like it was no big deal and I smile and nod at strangers most of the time anyway, may have put some people at ease.

Anywho, hope everyone had a good 4th.

·
Registered
5,798 Posts
GAGunOwner said:
Nice bags!

I'm glad to see more people brave enough to open carry and having positive experiences.
Big plus one!

·
68,926 Posts
bags said:
. . . some parents pulled their kids to 1 side of the isle . . .
I joke about this, but I have never had it actually happen . . .

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Malum Prohibitum said:
bags said:
Parents do that all the time when they see bags coming, open carry or not. :lol:

·
Registered
5,798 Posts
Malum Prohibitum said:
bags said:
Me either. I guess like wsweeks2, I've had so many positive experiences with open carrying, that I am sorta waiting for the shoe to drop and something bad to happen.

I feel that I'm prepared enough with the code citations in my head, but....we'll see.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts