I can paint a picture of the future by crossing the ocean

Discussion in 'In the News' started by viper32cm, Jun 30, 2006.

1. viper32cm

viper32cm New Member

2. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

I can paint a picture of today. Know what the penalty is in Georgia today for walking within a "reasonable distance" from a bus stop on a public sidewalk while armed and in possession of a firearms license?

I'll give you a hint - it's a felony.

3. jrm

jrm Sledgehammer

He said: "Davies had built up an enormous arsenal of illegal and prohibited weapons and the gravity of the offence is reflected in the sentence handed to him."

:shock:

4. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

I dream of owning enough weapons to be considered an arsenal some day. :mrgreen:

5. jrm

jrm Sledgehammer

If you have any amount of guns over 1 confiscated by the authorities, it is an arsenal. If you have 20 guns at home that never gets confiscated, it is just a nice collection. :righton:

6. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

Yeah, but that is the media's idea of an arsenal.

I mean like 10+ handguns, 3+ rifles, and 2+ shotguns. That is not counting .22 caliber. So to me 15 or more firearms over .22 caliber is an arsenal.
    Other weapons such as knives do not count.

7. jrm

jrm Sledgehammer

Oh. Well, is there another tier above arsenal (e.g., armory)?

Also, is there somethin smaller than an arsenal (maybe, a cache)?

8. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

Yes, though I never actually gave it a name. It came from the thought of buying one or so firearms a year and rarely getting rid of any. So when I reached 60 years old that would be roughly 30 firearms. You feel like doing this :bowdown: when you walk into the room, kind of collection. It also has to have at least 1 full-auto firarm and 1 silenced firearm. Any .22 caliber firearm counts.

They say you need a hobby when you retire. :twisted:

Never thought about a smaller goal. :-k

9. jrm

jrm Sledgehammer

I wasn't thinking of it as a goal so much as a description of one's condition before reaching arsenal-hood. 8)