I buckled under the pressure

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by fran, Oct 27, 2010.

1. fran

fran New Member

I went to disneyworld with the family. I was dressed appropriately for cc of my g19. When the wife saw it and she lost it. She was yelling about metal detectors,getting arrested,pat downs etc. So to ensure marital bliss (mine), I caved and left it in the car. Made the day mote peaceful, but left me wondering if I locked the car. Your mind plays tricks ls on you sometimes.

2. Quest50

Quest50 Active Member

Hte to admit it, but i probably would have done the same. =\

3. AV8R

AV8R Banned

HA HA! :lol:

Oh wait, gotta go... wife's calling. :oops:

4. SheriffOconee

SheriffOconee New Member

sometimes it is better to be happy than right....

5. AV8R

AV8R Banned

You talking about him or his wife? :wink:

6. HydroAuto

HydroAuto GPDO Commonlaw Spouse

And imagine all the "I told you so" points you'd score if you actually got mugged. :shattered:

7. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

^This^

All of us who are married know that every now and then we need to give in to our [s:s2bkx5v3]bosses[/s:s2bkx5v3] wife's wishes. Some of us are just more willing to admit to it than others.

8. budone1967

budone1967 Die Hard GCO Recruiter

+1^

9. Jmark

Jmark Active Member

I think I found a keeper because she would wonder why I wasn't carrying? :lol: That and she would be as well.

10. vanguard

vanguard New Member

oh come on, mickey mouse will protect you. :righton:

11. rmodel65

rmodel65 Yukon Cornelius

no detectors at disney or at sea world...

12. fflintlock

fflintlock Active Member

It's like an american express card, ya never leave the house without it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

13. Savvy Jack

Savvy Jack Banned

Blalahahahaha. I won for Wild Adventures in Valdosta. I refused to go unless I could carry CC. After a few days, I was allowed to carry :righton:

I did carry and no one got scared, hurt or mad. No kids stopped growing because of it. No, I did not ride and rides....it was for my six year old.

I have herd they do not like firearms but this could be a rumer :wink: because I have not read anything to find out nor have I talked to anyone about it! I figured if they do not want firearms on the premises, they will tell me in person.

14. MyFred

MyFred Banned

OP should have done like I did and demand that the wife start carrying too, since us men are the boss. Only now I have to reign her in some cause she wants to carry in places like the Post Office, Library, tag office, etc....sometimes I think I have created a monster...... :D

15. rmodel65

rmodel65 Yukon Cornelius

i believe its the same people that run Wild Adventures are the ones who run Stone Mountain....

16. gsusnake

gsusnake Token Liberal Hippie

I'm not even married yet, and I already know that.

I've got her well trained, or something like that...

17. qinvictus

qinvictus New Member

I would have told her that Disneyworld isn't as safe as one might think. I read a story about a grandmother who took her kids there and came back outside to find robbers rummaging around in her car.

Though ironically, she ended up suing the park -- not because of the theft, but because one of the characters took of his costume in front of the kids to come and help her, thus irrevocably destroying the fantasy for her grandchildren. Go figure.

18. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

I'm very lucky, I have a wife that over the past year and a half will rake me over the coals if I'm not carrying my firearm. Looks like she will be carrying herself sometime in the future.

Also, I totally understand what the guys are saying here. Its better to be happy and get along than always be right. Pick your battles wisely. Also, if Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy. :righton:

19. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

I am unclear on how one can be happy being henpecked by a controlling woman - or violating one's own deeply held principles for the sake of someone who seeks such control.

20. gsusnake

gsusnake Token Liberal Hippie

Better to be like Genesis 3:16, then?

Or maybe Ephesians 5:22-23.