Georgiapacking.org banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Man of Myth and Legend
13,681 Posts
Need a bit more space between the pup and the big boys. It might get skeered. But is sure is a cute little thing.

Nemo

Reactions: Adam5

·
PawPaw x 3
8,320 Posts

·
Registered
925 Posts
Adam5,
That is too cool! I have a Model 60 J-frame and a Model 3913. I also carry a personalized serial numbered Seecamp which is similar to your new Smith. The ex asked why the serial number was DR "Jones"1. I replied "because it's for eyes, ears, nose, and throat!"

Reactions: Adam5

·
Professional Troll
2,113 Posts
It's small enough.... for a lady's handbag. :p

·
Man of Myth and Legend
13,681 Posts

·
Cumberland County, Maine
1,302 Posts
I always thought those SW 22lr were cool looking. I have never shot one. How reliable are they?

·
Man of Myth and Legend
13,681 Posts
That little Smith should smell like powder, not fish.

Nemo

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,004 Posts
It's small enough.... for a lady's handbag. :p
M: "You tell him, [about the Beretta .25 James Bond carries.] armorer, for the last time!"

MI-6 Armorer: "Nice and light..." [Looks at Bond] ...in a lady's handbag."

[Puts gun on table dismissively]
"No stopping power."

79A3DFA2-FFE2-4AD1-9B70-253B4FA1259F.png

9C03DC09-6B17-4C6D-B7CF-C2FA666B4E9E.png

Attachments

Reactions: ICP_Juggalo

·
Man of Myth and Legend
13,681 Posts
No way is the weapon Bond surrenders any model of Beretta .25. Look at it compared to his hand to get context. The 3 I have owned basically fit in my palm with not overage. And I am not a big hand guy. (snide comments prohibited, but recognized)

I submit it is the same 7.65 and just a change of make/model.

Nemo

·
68,130 Posts
No way is the weapon Bond surrenders any model of Beretta .25. Look at it compared to his hand to get context. The 3 I have owned basically fit in my palm with not overage. And I am not a big hand guy. (snide comments prohibited, but recognized)

I submit it is the same 7.65 and just a change of make/model.

Nemo
It is the way he is holding it. He is not trying to hide it behind his hand. He is holding it by the slide with the entire grip exposed, and the size looks about right to me.

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,004 Posts
According to Wikipedia,
The gun was described in the book & movie script as a small, flat, .25 caliber Beretta which had the grips removed and could still be grabbed by holding the frame itself. That apparently only fit one description of one gun in the 1950s --it had to be the Beretta model 418.

But when they actually filmed this scene in Doctor No, where "M" inspects Bond's weapon, the actual gun they used as a movie prop was a slightly larger model. Apparently they couldn't come up with a Beretta model 418, or didn't want to put forth the effort just to film this one short scene.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts