I broke down & bought

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Claire, Aug 25, 2007.

1. Claire

Claire New Member

[​IMG]

somehow when I said goodbye to the guys at the GCO table - I didn't make it out the door without browsing a table & buying a Marlin 22 mag

I was proud of myself just spending $7 on a shotgun shell holder

cause I was looking at 9mm pistols
    checked out the M&P again -- found it for $489
    one dealer showed me a charles daly 9mm which felt good in my hand - I know nothing about them. He also showed me a Sig that was nice. I asked him to show me 9mm's made of metal - but I kept going back to the m&p.

now I have to take a day off this week to go to the range ;)

2. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

It was great to finally meet you Claire. I don't think I was able to get across how much I love the new design because all those pesky people kept walking by and hadn't heard about GCO! Maybe next time they'll wait to come by until after I've finished praising your work :bowdown:

3. pro2am

pro2am New Member

Nice little rifle there. Looks like a shooter.

Have you every tried a CZ for a 9mm? Most people find the ergonomics good, and their accuracy out of the box is good...oh yeah, they're metal too. I carry the PCR, which is a compact 9 with an allow frame and steel slide. The size is almost identical to a Sig 229. If you make it down to Adventure Outdoors in Smyrna they have a pretty good selection of CZ's.

4. Claire

Claire New Member

Jeff great meeting you too - and thank you! :)

I should be praising you - I got an education standing there listening to you talk to the folks stopping by.

Norm - I haven't looked at CZ's. I'll try one on the next time I go to the gun shop. Altho now I have to fill my piggy bank a little more after todays purchase

5. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

If you can make it out to the Bulls Eye in Cumming sometime, you're welcome to shoot my CZ 75B SA. It even has an ambi safety for wrong-handed shooters. Slide stop is only on the left, though.

6. Claire

Claire New Member

thank you :)

I'd love to make my way out there
    looks like Bullseye is about 35-40 miles from my house

7. luke0927

luke0927 New Member

Ive got the same one had it since i was a little kid nice little gun....I used to be able to shoot a squirrels head right off 8)

8. wsweeks2

wsweeks2 New Member

Wrong handed? I've never had a problem with a slide stop not catching due to my shooting grip unlike some people on here.
    :wink:

9. LeCZends

LeCZends New Member

+1 on the PCR :righton: An awesome shooter IMHO

10. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

If you do make it out and I'm available, I'll bring my full size M&P-9, my wifes XD-9, amd my 9mm 1911 (if I have it yet).

11. Macktee

Macktee New Member

Clare, it was a real pleasure meeting you. I also didn't get much of a chance to thank you for your design work, so THANKS!

If you meet us at Bullseye, I'll bring some 9 mm Walther models you probably haven't had a chance to shoot. :shoot: Just let us know when you'll be joining us, :drink: and we'll party on until Adam5 has to call it a day... :surrender: The smell of gunsmoke makes him woozy! :puke:

But, he is fun to watch........ :popcorn: Especially, when he starts thinking :rotfl2: he's cool. 8)

12. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Maybe I'll make the trip over to Cumming this weekend. Not sure, yet.

13. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

Hey Claire,

When Mack is shooting, th esafest place to be is directly in front of him. That's the only place that he doesn't shoot. It must be those 1000 year old eyes.