Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I hate to sound stupid here, but........

I bought 300 rounds of Bulgarian 147gr 7.62x54R ammo for my Mosin M44 and it was delivered today. How do I open this stupid can ??? I'm resisting the temptation to take my Dremel and a cut-off wheel to the seams.

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nevermind. I was able to use a screwdriver to pry one of the seams open.

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
The Ruskies made some really neat can openers for that purpose. Sorta like the GI ones made for opening K Rations during WWII, only much larger.

Or, you can use a chisel or a screw driver or just chew it open......!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Macktee said:
The Ruskies made some really neat can openers for that purpose. Sorta like the GI ones made for opening K Rations during WWII, only much larger.

Or, you can use a chisel or a screw driver or just chew it open......!
Yeah....I got a couple of those with my 5.45x39 crates.....still a pain in the ass to open those spam cans.

·
Registered
4,048 Posts
That's part of the fun with mil-surp ammo! :lol:

·
hu huh, you said "Member"
585 Posts
after opening several spam cans of milsurp ammo, i was pleasantly surprised and happy to learn that the lake city and greek 30-06 cans from the cmp have a little key that, twisting on the side of the can where there's a tab, can just break open the top of the can.

of course, i had already taken the trusty chisel and hammer to the spam can of 30-06 so, at least in the future i can save myself a little time!

lessons learned....

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Yeah, they usually come with one of these:

I've got one or two lying around somewhere...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts