I bought another one! A FEG PA-63.

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Macktee, Mar 20, 2007.

1. Macktee

Macktee New Member

Army/police surplus made in Hungary, shoots the 9x18 Makarov and is pretty much a Walther PPK clone. I should have it before the weekend, so I know where I'll be on Sunday!

It looks like it'll make a nice summer carry weapon as it shouldn't make quite as large a bulge in my pants as my current CCW does.

I've seen them at gun shows, but they always wanted just a little bit too much for them. Found this one on an auction site. Shipping and FFL fee brings it back up close to gun show price, but... Oh well. No one has ever accused me of being too smart. Smart ass, yeah. Just smart, no.

It's all Adam5's fault for waving his PPK around!

2. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

That's OK. You can tell your wife that it's my fault. BUT, that means that it's all your fault if I spend $160 on that shoulder rig that Norm was trying to get me to buy. :roll:

3. Macktee

Macktee New Member

Hey Adam:

Sounds like a pretty good idea. Actually, two good ideas. You buying your Miami-Vice-wanabee shoulder rig and me taking the blame for forcing you to do it.

And then you can talk to my wife and explain how you made me buy another gun after I sorta, half-way, almost promised I wasn't going to buy any more "for a while".

Of course that time frame is open to interpretation... She probably thought it meant forever and I know I meant until I saw something I couldn't live without. Hey! They might have been the same but I saw something sooner than "forever"!

OK, I bought the gun. You buy the shoulder holster and then we can all go out for dinner together, explain to the wives and hope they don't make too much of a scene...

4. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Just take her out to buy some hand bag or shoes or some such contraption and then say "oh...lets just pop into the old gun shop for a quick look around. "why what do we have here.....my my....this is a fantastic firearm...I must have it. Honey, can you get the check book out of that new purse of your......thanks."
    ;)

5. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

Jenn has fallen for that lie a few times.... :twisted:

She bought a new Coach purse with matching wallet, business card case, and ID holder Sat at the outlet mall. That could mean that I have a little wiggle room the next time I want new toy. I have been wanting an 18" barrelled Saiga .223 :twisted: . And BOTH of my Visa cards will be paid in full after next month........ Then again, I do want to upgrade my safe, and she has agreed with that already.

6. glockgirl

glockgirl New Member

I have been lectured about buying another pistol and I am not even married.... come on I only own 1 right now

7. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Yeah, but that G19 is getting lonely all by itself. Perhaps it needs another Glock to keep it company.

I know my 23 told me it wanted a little brother, so I adopted a OD Glock 19. It has enjoyed carry status for about four months now. However, and I can't explain why...I just feel the need to carry the 23 more. It's been that same feeling that I get on the days that I would slip an extra mag in my pocket....just because my gut says to do it. I dunno...it's weird and hard to explain.

8. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

What gets me, is when you go to a gun show/store and one follows you home......

It's kinda like my wife and puppies following her home. She laughs about our "baby experiment". When we got our first puppy, she claims that if it didn't run away and we didn't kill it, we would have a baby. Six years later we don't have any kids, but we do have 5 dogs....

9. maddog

maddog New Member

Sounds to me like you need more gun shows and fewer pet stores/shows ... lol

10. Macktee

Macktee New Member

Ramm:

You've never met my wife. She hates to shop. Absolutely hates it! I have more shoes than she does. OK, she does have a few more purses than I, and they're all Coach, but she only has a few. So, that approach won't work.

If you have any other ideas, let me know. Please! And do it quickly! She's gonna find out about the new gun once the Visa bill comes in and I really need a good explanation. Really need one!!!

11. glockgirl

glockgirl New Member

you could probably justify 2-3 guns with one coach bag depending on which one it is....

my advice is don't hide it. My exhusband had a spending problem and bought 3 chainsaws in 1 month. he hide the other 2 under the house and of course the next time I went under the house to fix a leaky pipe I found them.... He also hid a bobcat behind our barn. nothing makes a woman more angry than a guy hiding or lying.

My advice send her flowers the day the visa bill comes so she is in a good mood.

12. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

My god that is ridiculous.

13. glockgirl

glockgirl New Member

google coach handbags and you shall be amazed.

i buy purses at wal-mart. very functional and less than $15

14. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

$348 for a stupid container?!

lame.

15. Macktee

Macktee New Member

When I read something like that I'm reminded the boy isn't married. Or he'd understand this purse thing. It's not just a container, it's a fashion accessory. A very damn important fashion accessory.

When you see a hot young chick, you check her out.

Any females accompanying you at the time will also check her out... check her purse, her shoes, her hair, her makeup, her nails, her jewelry, her clothes, her cell phone (for some reason young women seem to have them surgurically attached at the ear!) and all the other important stuff.

And all you did was look at her butt...

But, one day Grasshopper, you too will understand. Or, at least, you'll understand as much as any guy possibly can understand how the female mind works.

Rule No. 1 - don't ever argue or disagree with her and never, never, never ever question why she did, or did not do, something!

Rule No. 2 and beyond - see rule No. 1...!

Once you learn the magic words, "Yes Dear", you are assured a long and happy marriage.

16. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

LOL My wife is no longer allowed to be within 100 yards of anywhere that's having pet adoptions.

17. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

When Jenn wnt back to school to finish her Corp Mgmt degree she got an 'A' in her frist class and bought a designer (I forgot which one now) purse as a treat for a job well done. Two years later she has a 3.95 GPA and a collection of Coach bags. Although she's proudest of the Prada one, she doesn't carry it much. :roll:

I'm scared to see what happens in August when she starts working on her MBA. :shock:

18. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

BINGO!!! :!: DING DING DING :!: :!: :!:

We have a winner :!: :!: :!:

19. Macktee

Macktee New Member

I won't hide it. We've been married too long for that!

I'll just tell her about it one day before the bill arrives and she'll give me one of "those" looks and that'll be the end of it.

Ya know, the spending and lying thing works the other way too.

A young friend married a nice young woman. Actually, an exceptionally hot young woman! I mean REALLY A BABE!

Oh yeah, where was I? Oh, OK... She had a shopping problem. He said they were thinking of renting a storage space for her out-of-season clothes and shoes. Really. The appartment was too small for her wardrobe!

The Visa bill, most months, was larger than all their other bills combined. They both made good money. Very good money. He's a pilot and she sells drugs, but she still managed to spend more than they made...

They had a discussion about finances and how they couldn't just pay the minimum each month and how they would never save enough for a down payment on a house if "they" kept spending money this way... You get the picture.

She sincerely agreed to stop shopping. Not cut back, STOP!

The very next day she came home with an $1,800. purse.

Yeah Ramm, you read that number correctly and that's what I thought.

They've been divorced for about a year now......