Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spotted a para-ordnance 12.45 LDA in stainless that I just had to have.
... I paid up and did the paperwork. Guy comes back a few minutes later saying they put me on a three day hold ! Whatz with that sh*% ? :cry:
Just bought a .22 mag rifle last week. Everything come out OK. I never have any trouble getting a firearm. I guess either they were too busy, or they just like to show whos in control...
Can't help it....I'm still pissed ! I thought I left all the b/s behind when I left California and their stinkin' 10 day wait ! :x

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
arghhhhhhhhh !......

And I am ok.... now. I got my gun. 8)
I knew you can get 2 handguns per month / 30 days.
I took it as per month, not meaning I had to wait 30 days before I made my purchase.
With a common last name as mine. I just thought someone screwed up. Which can happen alot in gov't positions. :shock:

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
afraid so....... supposed to be no more than two in a 30 day term... :?

·
Premium Member
8,460 Posts
You are thinking of California.

Georgia you can buy as many as suits your fancy, or you hit your credit card limit.

If you buy 2 handguns within 5 days the dealer has to tell the ATF but that is to make sure you are not a staw purchaser. The FBI runs NICS.

No limit per month, week, or day.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
huh ???

:shock: :shock:

-----

8) kool.....

·
68,657 Posts
I once bought three AK - 47 (Chinese variant) rifles in one transaction, no delay.

I bet that put me on some list somewhere . . .

:minigun:

As he said, it is ok :righton:

:welcome: to Georgia. :shoot:

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, but AK's aren't handguns.... :shock:
But ...... I ain't complaining ! 'just not used to it...darn cali politics got me all screwed up... :?

·
68,657 Posts
California has some advantages over Georgia when it comes to the carry of handguns. If you live outside of one of the three almost-no-issue counties, licenses to carry are fairly easy to obtain, and, once you get the license, there are almost no places off-limits.

Compare that to the Places Off-Limits forum here on this site. :sly:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts