I am torn

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by tace, Sep 26, 2007.

1. tace

tace New Member

I saw a Sig P220 Combat that has been begging me to take home. I don't need another 9mm but I kinda want a .45 for some irrational reason.

Then there is the Berretta CX4 Carbine which is actually cheaper than the SIG. I really like this thing, too. With a little kit piece this thing can take my Cougar magazines. I don't have any long guns and I can go to the carbine class with this beauty.

The third option is to get the CX4 in a .45, which means I won't shoot it as much and can't use my Cougar mags.

Of course, I don't have enough money to buy either one but if I am going to go into debt and take heat from my wife, I would like be sure about spending that kinda money. Any thoughts on this?

2. RepeatDefender

RepeatDefender New Member

I would go with the 220 combat. :wink:

3. VolGrad

VolGrad Tactical Statistician

P220 Combat. Nice. Buy it.

4. GunNut

GunNut New Member

What the difference between a regular p220 and the combat model? I don't see it listed on the sigarms site.

I too want a cx4, do you know of a local shop that has them at a decent price?

5. VolGrad

I have a catalog right here.

Meets and exceeds military specs, like 240-hour salt spray test and 20,000-round accuracy test. Flat Dark Earth finish on it's alloy frame and Sig's Nitron over a stainless slide. Internals are coated or phosphated for extreme corrosion resistance and reduced friction, and the barrel is hard-chromed and finished in Nitron. True M1913 Picatinny Rail, Vertical front strap serrations, SIGLITE Night Sights. Also comes with a threaded barrel option.

6. VolGrad

O ya, and the catalog says, "BUY IT."

7. GunNut

GunNut New Member

ah..yes, nice. The p220 would probably be more fun at the range. If you have a place where you can shoot cans and such, the cx4 might be more fun.

8. VolGrad

Besides, the CX4 doesn't look evil enough to justify a purchase.

9. GunNut

GunNut New Member

You could get the threaded barreled p220, then a silencer would be next....

If you could only find some subsonic .45 ammo. :?

10. fallison

fallison Guest

I thought all .45 ammo is subsonic.

11. M249

M249 New Member

If you get a CX4, don't get .45. I'm going to try to use my google-fu to find the tests, but .45 ACP loses velocity in the carbines, whereas 9mm and .40 S&W gain velocity in the longer barrels of the carbine.

I love the P220, but I'd say go with the CX4 in 9mm. Everyone needs a long gun for zombie control.