Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am really getting frustrated with this site. I would just like to jettison it and I would volunteer to run a new website for GA2A. Or

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,706 Posts
I am really getting frustrated with this site. I would just like to jettison it and I would volunteer to run a new website for GA2A.

Wait, whut?

This website no longer has any connection to Georgiacarry.org.

It hasn't since the founder and admin of this website sold it to private website management companies years ago.

G.C.O. still has it's own website, newly updated as of a few months ago, and it probably will be updated again now that they've changed their name.
Product Font Screenshot Technology Terrestrial plant

·
Registered
7,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Aware of that and you know guys know exactly what I mean. Yes the easy fix is to just leave but this is the only place off of Facebook that GA2A is discussed.

·
Registered
8,158 Posts
The forum is organized into topics. Easy to find GA2A or gun or Leo or whatever.
I do miss all the long educational posts by the vax promoter/s. Where did they go ? Don't vax'es work, and more are better ?

·
Proud GCO member.
8,007 Posts
G.C.O. still has it's own website, newly updated as of a few months ago, and it probably will be updated again now that they've changed their name.
Already underway: Georgia 2nd Amendment
The new site is being developed by outside vendor.

I was an admin at the "old" site (GeorgiaCarry.org – The Leader in the Fight to Reclaim and Expand our Right to Bear Arms). I do not know if that will continue. Either way, I'll try and keep this group abreast of what I learn.

Many moons ago the admins of this forum created a sub-forum for South Metro chapter. It never took off, but they were really supportive. Perhaps they would do that for GA2A (formerly known as GeorgiaCarry.org). A really simple solution, that requires no effort from moderators, is to start tagging messages like this with #GA2A and/or #GCO

·
Cross-drawer
7,416 Posts
I am really getting frustrated with this site. I would just like to jettison it and I would volunteer to run a new website for GA2A. Or
Are you saying that you would like to see GPDO replaced with another site that you are volunteering to run, or you would like to see GCO web sight replaced with a site that has all the current GCO info PLUS a forum, or what?

·
Proud GCO member.
8,007 Posts
Are you saying that you would like to see GPDO replaced with another site that you are volunteering to run, or you would like to see GCO web sight replaced with a site that has all the current GCO info PLUS a forum, or what?
I am not a member of executive leadership, so this is not a statement by GA2A.

I doubt the GA2A / GCO website will ever host a forum. The website is the public internet representation of the GA2A / GCO organization. It needs to be clean and professional.

Forums like this one are open to a lot of people, some adversarial, and can be contentious. Not exactly what you want the press (or MDA) grabbing as a "sound byte".

Neither is bad, they just serve different purposes.

Plus, this one is free and requires no GA2A resources, which means me. And I'm good with that. :)

Reactions: awanatech

·
Cross-drawer
7,416 Posts
I remember it being said years ago that GCO would not have a forum. That's why I wanted M10 to clarify what he was talking about.

·
Registered
7,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This is the only site where we can discuss Georgia politics and happenings with regard to our membership and our lobbying. There is so much penetration here for gewgaws and down your throat advertising that I am thoroughly disgusted. I want to have a membership only GCO/GA2A where we can discuss issues in a grown-up manner. This site has gone downhill a long ways. And I just don’t like being here. I would volunteer indeed to administrate or moderate according to the rules a more restricted site for our requirements. I ran the largest site for matchbox cars in the world for 12 years with a strict rules and moderation. Anybody that goes out of line will get one warning and then will be cut off. We should be professional and forthright in our discussions of our subjects matter.

·
Registered
7,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Facebook notwithstanding, we have no control over Facebook and it is not our own forum. Our members can be thrown off Facebook for actually discussing our subject matter. So Facebook is not the answer.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts