Hypothetically speaking, what would you do... ***NSFW***

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by kineticmind, Jan 16, 2011.

1. kineticmind

kineticmind يفخر الكافر

2. SilentGhost

SilentGhost New Member

Re: Hypothetically speaking, what would you do...

May want to add a NSFW (Language) tag to the title.

3. CountryGun

CountryGun New Member

Re: Hypothetically speaking, what would you do...

Agreed!

I'm driving away, eating it on my insurance, and calling it in. Lethal force is not applicable if he's just destroying property. Now, if he reaches into the car, all bets are off.

4. kineticmind

kineticmind يفخر الكافر

Sorry about that... warnings added.

I understand you can't use lethal force on someone who's just damaging your property, but this even applies when the BG uses a crowbar to smash out the driver's side window? At what point could you say you were genuinely concerned for your safety?

5. CountryGun

CountryGun New Member

If any part of him, or his weapon (crowbar?) enters my capsule of safety. It's difficult to discern from the video. For me, once his hands break the plains of my safety, or even if I think his next strike could hit me, he's dead! Did I make myself clear enough?

6. kineticmind

kineticmind يفخر الكافر

Crystal. :righton:

7. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

I think I would have tried to drive away, over his foot or right over his body if necessary, before reaching for the gun.
    Although you may not have a duty to retreat, trying to end the threat by driving away might save you a lot of legal grief later.
    If I was blocked-in more effectively and could not escape in the vehicle, I'm thinking two shots in the middle of his chest as soon as he presents himself and his weapon at my driver's side window. But innocent bystanders in the background might mess up that opportunity.

8. gruntpain1775

gruntpain1775 New Member

At the 50 sec. mark.....on the gas.

9. lespaulplayer

lespaulplayer New Member

That clip ALWAYS p*sses me off to no end.

10. CountryGun

CountryGun New Member

That is the best opportunity, Grunt, to turn him into a bloody spot on the pavement, but at that point, it's still just about "property". I didn't see him as a threat to me until he came to the driver's side, a few second later. When he smashed the widow, he was dead!

11. rjinga60

rjinga60 New Member

If I could drive off at the start of, or better still before, the attack, I would do that. It's like the old joke: "Doc, I got my arm broke in three places. Well, stay out of them places."

If I couldn't drive away, then as soon as I realized that the BG was coming toward my car, I'd have my hand on my firearm. Unless it's a short trip during the daytime in an area that I'm totally comfortable with, I'm training myself to have my gun on my seat under my left thigh, right above the knee (a trick taught me by my former military and LEO friend).

I couldn't tell when I watched the video, did BG break the driver's side window? If so, at that point I would "reasonably believe" that "force which is intended or likely to cause death or great bodily harm... is necessary to prevent death or great bodily injury to [me]." O.C.G.A. section 16-3-21.

If the only window broken was the passenger's back window - hmmm... I'm not sure on that one. However, if any part of his body, or the tire-iron enters the inside of the vehicle, I'm firing.

12. Hock25

Hock25 New Member

I would shoot him.

13. gruntpain1775

gruntpain1775 New Member

"Officer I was in fear of my life and the life of my passenger. The man had already injured my buddy over in the passenger seat when he smashed the window in, and as he was coming over to my side I heard him yelling something about hurting me real bad. I believed he was going to kill me. I had no place to go...I got scared and wanted to get away..."

14. lespaulplayer

lespaulplayer New Member

Do you think the cameraman told him what to do beforehand? The makers of those films aren't exactly model citizens.

15. SYN ACK

SYN ACK New Member

If I had a passenger(s) in my car (my passengers are usually my wife and/or my baby) I would have shot him two or three times in the chest. Property or not it only takes a second to kill an infant, my wife, or myself and I would rather stand in front of a judge and the jury with my son still alive.

If I was alone in the car I would not have shot him until he came around to my window.

16. martin_j001

martin_j001 Active Member

Have to say I'd have probably shot his worthless a**. That driver didn't appear to have anywhere to go for much of the video. When he broke glass, there's no telling what the hell that crazy worthless POS was up to. All bets are off at that point....

17. zephyr57

zephyr57 New Member

I would have shot him. Once someone starts hitting my car like that, with me (and family) in it, I'm not about to find out where he decides to stop. I'm going to make that decision for him.

18. triggerman357

triggerman357 Active Member

I'll take my chances with the judge.

19. Quest50

Quest50 Active Member

If my family were in the vehicle and he started smashing windows on their side, that would be an easy decision. If it were just me, I would try to get away ASAP. If that weren't an option, I'd wait until he presented himself as a threat to me (ie: started smashing the driver side window) and draw my weapon. I don't believe in warning shots and I don't draw my weapon unless I plan on using it.

Thank God I've never been in a situation like this.

20. spector

spector New Member

That bum hates PT Cruisers almost as much as I do.