Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hypo Rudy

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hypo Hillary - exactly as she is now on all points EXCEPT she has been a staunch, life long pro-gun supporter. Goes hunting or shooting every weekend. CC's everywhere she can get away with it. Has a vast arsenal that she is proud of & show photos of her breaking down her AK in record time. THinks we should all have a gun & should have as many & whatever kind we should. Laughs loudly everytime someone in the press asks her a quesiton with the phrase "Assault Weapon" or "It's for the Children" in it.

Rudy - Exactly as he is now on all points EXCEPT he is vocally, openly, honestly & consistently anti-gun.

These are the only two candidates for 2008.
Which do you vote for?
You don't get to abstain.

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,820 Posts
Tinkerhell said:
Hypo Hillary - exactly as she is now on all points EXCEPT she has been a staunch, life long pro-gun supporter. Goes hunting or shooting every weekend. CC's everywhere she can get away with it. Has a vast arsenal that she is proud of & show photos of her breaking down her AK in record time. THinks we should all have a gun & should have as many & whatever kind we should. Laughs loudly everytime someone in the press asks her a quesiton with the phrase "Assault Weapon" or "It's for the Children" in it.
Have you been snorting the pixie dust again?

·
Registered
5,215 Posts
Tinkerhell said:
Which do you vote for?
I just did! See, no vote by me.... :twisted:

·
Registered
754 Posts
Hilary = Socialized Medicine (and i would never really vote for her) and Rudy HELL no.....i wouldnt vote in '08 if those were the canidates but for your question and by your statement i would go with Hildog......and hope the American People aren't stupid enough to let socialized medicine into this country......and more taxes....and all the other BS she supports

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
This has got to be a trick question...

Years ago, while in school, a hypothetical was offered. Various people, men and women, with vastly differing backgrounds, were stuck on a lifeboat. No one would survive the ordeal unless one person was ordered off the boat, i.e. sacrificed. Each of us was tasked with making the choice, and then supporting the decision. (I ticked off the professor, by saying nobody was leaving, i.e, we'd find another way.)

Were Hillary and Rudy on the boat, there would be two who would be sacrificed, or, alternatively, they'd be the only ones left on the boat.

Sickening choices, either one, regardless of the description of changes to their real-life positions.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:lol:
Yes it is a sickening choice I agree.
I'll explain my reason for the question after a day or two so everyone has a chance to post.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Hypo-Rudy isn't really hypothetical... that's the way he is! You just have to ask him directly before he becomes vocally anti-gun.

Honestly, I wouldn't vote for either, even with these hypothetical situations. I'm not voting for McCain, Clinton, Obama, Guiliani.. PERIOD. I disagree on too many levels for each.

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
:?: :?: :?: :?:

Posted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:42 am Post subject: Hypothetical question...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rudy - Exactly as he is now on all points EXCEPT he is vocally, openly, honestly & consistently anti-gun.

Which do you vote for?
This does not compute. Ramm help!!!! my mother board just fried... Help Will Robinson.

Why is there not a neither catagory?

·
68,657 Posts
Such a hypothetical is nor realistic. Faced with such choices, I would probably vote libertarian, but this is not an option on your list.

·
Registered
8,809 Posts
Just a question, since the political arena consists of two-major parties, for all practical reasons, does the libertarian vote essentially mean one less vote for the major party on the other side of the "bad guys"? I know I've heard that many times before, but you've got to start somewhere. The LP won't get anywhere if its potential voters have that fear.

·
Premium Member
8,460 Posts
ptsmith24 said:
Just a question, since the political arena consists of two-major parties, for all practical reasons, does the libertarian vote essentially mean one less vote for the major party on the other side of the "bad guys"? I know I've heard that many times before, but you've got to start somewhere. The LP won't get anywhere if its potential voters have that fear.
I think in some states it would. Typically in Georgia though the outcome for president is usually Republican by a wide margin.

I don't think there are enough libertarian votes in Georgia to offset the gap the dem voters have to overcome. That and since we have the electorial college system, your vote only influences how Georgia's college votes and not for the whole country (popular vote does not matter).

A state that is very close to a vote outcome of close to 50-50, you do have a risk that those who vote libertarian instead of Repub will cause the Dems to win.

Georgia is not one of those states, at least right now.

·
Registered
5,798 Posts
ptsmith24 said:
I've been asked that question before and I always reply with: If I vote for the lesser of two evils, I still vote for evil. I must vote my conscience even if that means voting for a person who will not win.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Rammstein said:
I've been asked that question before and I always reply with: If I vote for the lesser of two evils, I still vote for evil. I must vote my conscience even if that means voting for a person who will not win.
Exactly.
The morning after the election, I still have to look at myself in the mirror. I'll meet the stare of my own reflection knowing I voted for one closest to Constitutional beliefs, not that I voted just to keep the "other guy" out.

That's why we're in the situation we're in now...fear tactics..."I don't really want the guy in office that I voted for, I just REALLY didn't want the other guy in."

1 - 19 of 19 Posts