Hypothetical question...

Discussion in 'National Laws, Bills and Politics' started by Tinkerhell, Apr 6, 2007.

1. Hypo Hillary

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Hypo Rudy

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Tinkerhell

Tinkerhell Active Member

Hypo Hillary - exactly as she is now on all points EXCEPT she has been a staunch, life long pro-gun supporter. Goes hunting or shooting every weekend. CC's everywhere she can get away with it. Has a vast arsenal that she is proud of & show photos of her breaking down her AK in record time. THinks we should all have a gun & should have as many & whatever kind we should. Laughs loudly everytime someone in the press asks her a quesiton with the phrase "Assault Weapon" or "It's for the Children" in it.

Rudy - Exactly as he is now on all points EXCEPT he is vocally, openly, honestly & consistently anti-gun.

These are the only two candidates for 2008.
    Which do you vote for?
    You don't get to abstain.

2. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

Have you been snorting the pixie dust again?

3. USMC - Retired

USMC - Retired Active Member

I just did! See, no vote by me.... :twisted:

4. luke0927

luke0927 New Member

Hilary = Socialized Medicine (and i would never really vote for her) and Rudy HELL no.....i wouldnt vote in '08 if those were the canidates but for your question and by your statement i would go with Hildog......and hope the American People aren't stupid enough to let socialized medicine into this country......and more taxes....and all the other BS she supports

5. Taler

Taler New Member

This has got to be a trick question...

Years ago, while in school, a hypothetical was offered. Various people, men and women, with vastly differing backgrounds, were stuck on a lifeboat. No one would survive the ordeal unless one person was ordered off the boat, i.e. sacrificed. Each of us was tasked with making the choice, and then supporting the decision. (I ticked off the professor, by saying nobody was leaving, i.e, we'd find another way.)

Were Hillary and Rudy on the boat, there would be two who would be sacrificed, or, alternatively, they'd be the only ones left on the boat.

Sickening choices, either one, regardless of the description of changes to their real-life positions.

6. Tinkerhell

Tinkerhell Active Member

:lol:
    Yes it is a sickening choice I agree.
    I'll explain my reason for the question after a day or two so everyone has a chance to post.

7. foshizzle

foshizzle New Member

Hypo-Rudy isn't really hypothetical... that's the way he is! You just have to ask him directly before he becomes vocally anti-gun.

Honestly, I wouldn't vote for either, even with these hypothetical situations. I'm not voting for McCain, Clinton, Obama, Guiliani.. PERIOD. I disagree on too many levels for each.

8. merlock

merlock New Member

+1
    These 'turds' (what a wonderful, fitting description!) have done (or will do) more damage to our republic than I want to contemplate.

9. Foul

Foul New Member

Hypothetically, I'd blow my own brains out if forced to a choice between those two.

10. gunsbillygun

gunsbillygun New Member

great our own country again, i already set up a list of offices, 8)

11. foshizzle

foshizzle New Member

I'll pass :lol:

12. S&W 40

S&W 40 Active Member

:?: :?: :?: :?:

This does not compute. Ramm help!!!! my mother board just fried... Help Will Robinson.

Why is there not a neither catagory?

13. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

haha :D

14. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Such a hypothetical is nor realistic. Faced with such choices, I would probably vote libertarian, but this is not an option on your list.

15. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Just a question, since the political arena consists of two-major parties, for all practical reasons, does the libertarian vote essentially mean one less vote for the major party on the other side of the "bad guys"? I know I've heard that many times before, but you've got to start somewhere. The LP won't get anywhere if its potential voters have that fear.

16. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

I think in some states it would. Typically in Georgia though the outcome for president is usually Republican by a wide margin.

I don't think there are enough libertarian votes in Georgia to offset the gap the dem voters have to overcome. That and since we have the electorial college system, your vote only influences how Georgia's college votes and not for the whole country (popular vote does not matter).

A state that is very close to a vote outcome of close to 50-50, you do have a risk that those who vote libertarian instead of Repub will cause the Dems to win.

Georgia is not one of those states, at least right now.

17. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

I've been asked that question before and I always reply with: If I vote for the lesser of two evils, I still vote for evil. I must vote my conscience even if that means voting for a person who will not win.

18. Foul

Foul New Member

Exactly.
    The morning after the election, I still have to look at myself in the mirror. I'll meet the stare of my own reflection knowing I voted for one closest to Constitutional beliefs, not that I voted just to keep the "other guy" out.

That's why we're in the situation we're in now...fear tactics..."I don't really want the guy in office that I voted for, I just REALLY didn't want the other guy in."