hypothetical question.....

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by luke0927, Mar 21, 2007.

1. luke0927

luke0927 New Member

You are sitting in traffic some one with road rage hops out and comes up to your vehicle.....you are carrying when can you engage your weapon.....(im sure it would depend on if they had some form of a weapon in their hand) would you just have it sitting on your lap so it would be visible when they walk up or what?

2. USMC - Retired

USMC - Retired Active Member

I open carry and my holster rides just right so that I can have my hand on the grip and look like I'm just resting my arm on the center console. I have praticed drawing from this posistion quite a it as one of the primary concerns I have in this area is the rising amount of carjackings. I would open my window a crack and ask what the problem is and try to defuse the situation. I would only draw if I felt there were no other choice.

3. slabertooch

slabertooch New Member

It would be in my in my hand, on my lap, pointed up towards the direction of intended fire. If the person had a weapon of any sort, it would be very visible and I would be ready to engage. Otherwise no sense in escalating the situation further than it needs to be.

Goes back to the theory of "reasonable intent, and ability" of the BG to harm my family or myself. If I have an avenue of escape, than that is my first option, only as a last resort will I even consider drawing on anyone.

4. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

They try to get in = I pull the trigger.

They can rant and rave all they want, but once they cross the line of trying to get into my car they cross a line that will more than likely result in their death.

Oh, and if they have a gun in hand they automatically get shot. A blunt instrument that is raised in a striking motion will also get someone shot.

5. Taler

Taler New Member

Something about that post Ramm, just makes me smile.

6. ber950

ber950 Active Member

Funny you should ask. I had this exact thing happen a couple of times back in the eighties.
    One time I had bumped his bumper in traffic got distracted by a car full of folks talking in my ear. I knew there was no damage because I had just barely touched his bumper. He jumps out and starts yelling in my ear through the rolled down window. I just sat in my car thinking if you stick your hand in my car..... :wink:

The other time I was the passenger. This guy stopped his car and started yelling That we should be glad he didn't have time to stop and kick our :censored: . After he left the driver said "I wish you had your gun today"; so i leaned back where he could see that it was already out and hid below the window. His look was priceless :shock:

7. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

8)

8. GeorgiaGlocker

GeorgiaGlocker Romans 1:16

Well......I might drop my standard mag and reach over and slap in a 33 round magazine and say something like ya know this thing is loaded with Speer Gold Dot 147 gr Jacketed Hollow Points. One makes a terrible mess at point blank range. Imagine what 33 would do. Gosh.....I'd better wake up.

9. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday New Member

I had a guy try to run me over on I-75 the other day. I was doing the speed limit in the far right slow lane. He came flying up on me like Dale Earnhardt Sr. on the last lap, rode maybe 1-2 feet off of my bumper for thirty seconds, then came around to pass. He slowed down when he came around making threatening gestures and giving me the bird. He then proceeded on. I just smiled and said to myself, "You should thank God that I am a nice, friendly, law abiding citizen."

Anyway folks are nuts on the interstate. That is the first time I have seen anybody get pissed because someone was doing the speed limit in the slow lane. I have a small child and a wife so I drive very carefully unlike some of the metro drivers I have seen lately. It just ticks me off that people are so selfish and care so little about the lives that they endanger when they drive so reckless. If you want to kill yourself fine, just find another way of doing it that doesn't involve a vehicle and other innocent lives.

Another time a few years back I had a guy pull up to my car on an Atlanta street and start swerving like he was going to ram my car. He did this for about 10 seconds and went on. He was pissed because I didn't let him over in the lane that he wanted in. I kept my cool again as I always do.

Be careful out there and don't let idiots on the road make you lose your head like the lady that had a CCL that shot out the tires on the highway the other day.

Sorry I didn't mean to hijack the thread, I just needed to vent a little. My philosphy on handling a RR scenario was pretty well summed up on Rammstein's thread. If I have an avenue of escape I will take it. If not then I will adjust as necessary to the threat.

10. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

Sometimes karma comes around and bite idiots on the a**. About a year ago I was driving a company truck through a school zone in the afternoon, obeying the posted 25mph school speed. There was a guy tailgating me, honking his horn, crossing into the turn lane to try and see around my truck. All of a sudden, he gets in the left turn lane, flies past me (while leaning on his horn)and cuts me off, almost hitting my truck as we were passing the driveway to the school. As I hit my brakes, I looked up and saw a police officer that was in the school parking lot get in his car with a VERY pi**ed off look on face. About a mile down the road, I passed the same idiot, standing on the side of the road, having a "chat" with a red faced officer. I just honked and waved at him.

11. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Sweet sweet justice.

12. Tinkerhell

Tinkerhell Active Member

They can stand outside my window & yell & curse all they want. I'll just smile and keep my pistol at hand but not displayed.

If they have a non-gun item (knife, hammer, lead pipe, candle stick..) in their hand then my gun is out & pointing in their direction as they approach.

If they beat on my window/car with fist or item then the gun points, obviously, in their direction.

Break said window or approach with a gun drawn... :shoot:
    (assuming I can't drive off in the emergency lane or something).

I'll give an idiot all the rope to hang himself with he wants to take. But if he forces me to pull the lever & make him swing I have no problem doing that.

13. luke0927

luke0927 New Member

Good stuff there are some f'd up drivers and people on the GA roads....

14. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Why not? :?

15. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday New Member

Why not? :?[/quote:364220n1]
    Devils advocate huh? :twisted:
    I didn't notice him in time to slow up without having slamming on my brakes. Nothing malicious on my part and certainly nothing to warrant having him attempt to ram my car multiple times. I am a very polite driver.

16. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

A devil's advocate that gets tired of putting on my turn signal only to have the person behind me in the lane adjacent to mine mash the gas and take up the space so I cannot move over, which does not appear to resemble your situation at all.

17. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

I almost ran over a guy on a motorcycle that way. I was driving a company truck (24' box, loaded with haz-waste, placarded for poison and flammables). I put on my right turn signal and the car behind me straddled the right lane/right turn lane and flashed his lights for me to come over. As I started to come over I see a flash and hear a high pitched motor screaming. The idiot on the crotch rocket 3 cars back decided to gun it and pass both of us and another car in the turn lane. If I had a passenger in the truck they could have reached out the window and touched the stupid idiot.

18. maddog

maddog New Member

I had a driver that ran up on my bumper and insisted on trying to push me to speed up, so I tried an old trick that worked pretty good. I just reached up and turned on the parking lights. The guy slammed his brakes on (unfortunately for him he also found out that the motorcycles he had in the back of his truck were not tied down well enough). To say the least he wasn't riding my bumper anymore, and fortunately noone else was involved with either the truck or the flying motorcycles.

19. Macktee

Macktee New Member

I pretty much agree with that. Scream and yell all you want, but threaten me physically, or reach inside my vehicle and I'll shoot your ass!

"Your honor, I was in fear of my life. I thought he was going to physically assault and/or kill me. I had no other option."

End of story.

20. luke0927

luke0927 New Member

"Judge he said he was going to slit my throat and then reached in my car" I had no other choice.......prove he didn't say it